Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte / Concord area

Question Charlotte / Concord area

i was wondering if there are members near Charlotte / concord area. if so i am looking to maybe do a cookout or pick nick or go eat somewhere in the area and hand out fliers and such to raise awareness.

im about an hour from Charlotte and have family all in the Kannapolis area if we get enough people that would definitely spark my interest and would love to attend and would have some family members probably come too...

alright cool lets see if there are any more members

I live in the area, closer to 85 and 77 then to Concord

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

i'm in charlotte near 485/harrisburg rd. i missed the last meet (and i'm still a little PO'd about that), so i would love to catch the next one

i don't check the forums nearly as often as i should, but i will make a habit of checking in from time to time

I'm in Charlotte near 485/Albermarle
    That is east charlotte for those not near hear.
    I'd love to get up with people here. I was heavily involved in Raleigh, but moved here 7 months ago and dropped of the site till now. Been working and getting the new house in order.

Im in Charlotte Near 485 between 49 and 29 by the Verizon Wireless amphitheater. Im a new gun owner been in Charlotte about 2 years just bought a Kel Tec P-11 because Im taking CCW course in January. But I would love to attend Open Carry Event Im all for open carry as well as CCW .

I think a cookout would be cool. Some ribs and chicken or something.

Smile

Live in Kannapolis, Sundays is the best for me.
    www.concealnc.com

We need more people from the area . Doesn't seem to be many and no one organizing anything.

I'm new to this forum so hello to everybody. I'm in the Charlotte area as well as a buddy of mine and we both would like to attend a cook out or just have lunch with some of the other open carrier's in the area. we are always up for meeting fellow open carry enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by KevlarCowboy View Post
    I'm new to this forum so hello to everybody. I'm in the Charlotte area as well as a buddy of mine and we both would like to attend a cook out or just have lunch with some of the other open carrier's in the area. we are always up for meeting fellow open carry enthusiast.
    Welcome Im pretty new myself. Im looking for people to do the same and also some people who would like to shoot together as well Im new to NC been here 2 years and still dont really know anyone.

Any ideas when you guys would like to get together? I'm thinking maybe do a lunch in the first week of February. I know Saturday's are usually the best for most people. We just need to find a time and place, so lets get some ideas going.

BTW: Jerry if you want you me and my buddy can get together for lunch if you would like, and we could always use anther range buddy. Just let me know.
    Last edited by KevlarCowboy; 01-14-2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: left somthing out

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry1981 View Post
    Im in Charlotte Near 485 between 49 and 29 by the Verizon Wireless amphitheater. Im a new gun owner been in Charlotte about 2 years just bought a Kel Tec P-11 because Im taking CCW course in January. But I would love to attend Open Carry Event Im all for open carry as well as CCW .
    Sounds like 901 place . I used to live there when I first moved down here. I'm only a mile away around the corner so I'd definitely be in for a local meet up and possibly handing out fliers.

Kevlar, PM sent.

I live in Mooresville, but work at the new NCRC in K-town. I'm very interested in meeting fellow open carriers

Okay guys I'm suggesting the lunch meet up for Feb. the 5th at 12 p.m.
    So far the OC friendly places are-
    Cracker Barrel
    Chick Fila
    Starbucks
    Firehouse subs
    Arby's
    Subway
    bruggers bagel's

If you guys have any other ideas for places I'm open to suggestions. My first pick is Cracker Barrel, good service, OC friendly and reasonably priced. Let me know what you guys think.

Count me in. Cracker Barrel sounds good to me.

Is that the one off of I-85 by Billy Graham?

Smile

count me in, if the weather allows me to ride my motorcycle

Quote Originally Posted by KevlarCowboy View Post
    BTW: Jerry if you want you me and my buddy can get together for lunch if you would like, and we could always use anther range buddy. Just let me know.
    Have you been going to Shooters express thats where i go if its mon-thurs and fri-sat i go to Elite Training Academy i like there range a little better its in better shape but they are only open to public on fri and sat.

So where does everyone go to shoot?
    I'm in east charlotte.

I don't like firepower in matthews. I go when I really have the urge for killing paper, but that is maybe every 6 months to a year.

Are there any places in charlotte with a good indoor range, and possibly a long range area?
    I have heard good thing about Shooters Express, but it is almost an hour from me.
    I have never heard of Elite Training Academy.
    Are there any clubs in the area?

I used to shoot once or twice a week when I was in Raleigh, and my yearly round count was about 15k. Now it is about 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by JDriver1.8t View Post
    So where does everyone go to shoot?
    I don't like firepower in matthews. I go when I really have the urge for killing paper, but that is maybe every 6 months to a year.

Are there any places in charlotte with a good indoor range, and possibly a long range area?
    I have heard good thing about Shooters Express, but it is almost an hour from me.
    I have never heard of Elite Training Academy.
    Are there any clubs in the area?
    Ok I live in northeast Charlotte I go to Shooters or elite . Elite is nicest and is closer to you and is only open on fri and sat. There is the CHARLOTTE RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB little pricey for me. The nice the about shooters express is even though its indoors 25 yards but you can shoot rifles at Elite you cant except 22lr. There is a outdoor range about 45 mins from me i have not been to yet but would like to check out when i get a decent rifle. I used to go to the range once a week but havent been able to for a little while but now I can shoot a little more but would really like people to go with. To get to elite you go down 485 to exit 51b and go down east independence for like 2 miles and its on a side road so should be someone close to you and I would gladly go there on a fri or sat with you if you would like to go there sometime other than this week though.

Never been to cracker barrel, surprisingly enough, but I'm in.

Maybe we should do an OC meet at the Subway where the worker shot/killed the robbers! [sarcastic...kind of]
    Last edited by jerz_subbie; 01-20-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Don't care for Cracker Barrel but would still go if you guys want to . And I know that generally there are ones that are OC friendly but has anyone confirmed the one that were planning on going to . I wouldnt make a list of OC friendly from reports of experiences in other towns all managers are different.

So whats the status of this meet on feb 2. Doesnt seem like it was final on place and that it was gonna happen. Just checking up on it .

I'm not sure about an OC meet on Feb. 2nd but we are having one on the 5th.

It will be Feb. 5th
    12 p.m.
    Cracker Barrel
    3203 Queen City Drive
    Charlotte, NC 28208-1950
    (704) 393-2670

Its OC friendly, I have OCed at this one as well as others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast