• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte / Concord area

Jerry1981

So where does everyone go to shoot?
I don't like firepower in matthews. I go when I really have the urge for killing paper, but that is maybe every 6 months to a year.

Are there any places in charlotte with a good indoor range, and possibly a long range area?
I have heard good thing about Shooters Express, but it is almost an hour from me.
I have never heard of Elite Training Academy.
Are there any clubs in the area?

Ok I live in northeast Charlotte I go to Shooters or elite . Elite is nicest and is closer to you and is only open on fri and sat. There is the CHARLOTTE RIFLE AND PISTOL CLUB little pricey for me. The nice the about shooters express is even though its indoors 25 yards but you can shoot rifles at Elite you cant except 22lr. There is a outdoor range about 45 mins from me i have not been to yet but would like to check out when i get a decent rifle. I used to go to the range once a week but havent been able to for a little while but now I can shoot a little more but would really like people to go with. To get to elite you go down 485 to exit 51b and go down east independence for like 2 miles and its on a side road so should be someone close to you and I would gladly go there on a fri or sat with you if you would like to go there sometime other than this week though.

jerz_subbie

Never been to cracker barrel, surprisingly enough, but I'm in.

Maybe we should do an OC meet at the Subway where the worker shot/killed the robbers! [sarcastic...kind of]

Last edited:

Jerry1981

Don't care for Cracker Barrel but would still go if you guys want to . And I know that generally there are ones that are OC friendly but has anyone confirmed the one that were planning on going to . I wouldnt make a list of OC friendly from reports of experiences in other towns all managers are different.

KevlarCowboy

I'm not sure about an OC meet on Feb. 2nd but we are having one on the 5th.

It will be Feb. 5th
12 p.m.
Cracker Barrel
3203 Queen City Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208-1950
(704) 393-2670

Its OC friendly, I have OCed at this one as well as others.

Sam

OOO! I was right to sneakily watch this thread. That's less than 30 minutes from me. I just may be there! ^_^

joeface

Been looking for a place to shoot outdoors but they want an awful lot of money 600 to join and gotta get two member signature. Charlote pistol club is less but not by much.

I work 10 minutes from Rowan so it is worth it for me. I spend many a lunch time there. Need to start reloading.

RedEagle

I'm just down the road in Monroe and marking my calendar for the meet on Feb 5th. Hope to see you guys then.

jlamb

I'm in Mooresville and should be able to make this.

I shoot at Quail Haven Hunting Preserve in Harmony. It's all outdoor and they have pistol, rifle and skeet available. $8/hr on the pistol range. I'm looking forward to when Point Blank in Mooresville opens though. Only 5 minutes from the house.

aosailor

i will be there. possibly my roommate as well. I've never met up with a bunch of strangers like this before, I'm guessing we are all gonna meet up outside and go in together? it should be easy to spot us, just look for the people with the guns! lol

JDriver1.8t

I plan to show up between 11:30 and 11:45, and I will be outside at one of the rocking chairs.
In Raleigh, when we do these meets, we usually congregate outside till about 15 minutes past the meeting time, then get a count and head inside to eat.