• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Charlotte / Concord area

hckply04

i was wondering if there are members near Charlotte / concord area. if so i am looking to maybe do a cookout or pick nick or go eat somewhere in the area and hand out fliers and such to raise awareness.

goodnight14

im about an hour from Charlotte and have family all in the Kannapolis area if we get enough people that would definitely spark my interest and would love to attend and would have some family members probably come too...

indykappa

i'm in charlotte near 485/harrisburg rd. i missed the last meet (and i'm still a little PO'd about that), so i would love to catch the next one

i don't check the forums nearly as often as i should, but i will make a habit of checking in from time to time

JDriver1.8t

I'm in Charlotte near 485/Albermarle
That is east charlotte for those not near hear.
I'd love to get up with people here. I was heavily involved in Raleigh, but moved here 7 months ago and dropped of the site till now. Been working and getting the new house in order.

Jerry1981

Im in Charlotte Near 485 between 49 and 29 by the Verizon Wireless amphitheater. Im a new gun owner been in Charlotte about 2 years just bought a Kel Tec P-11 because Im taking CCW course in January. But I would love to attend Open Carry Event Im all for open carry as well as CCW .

KevlarCowboy

I'm new to this forum so hello to everybody. I'm in the Charlotte area as well as a buddy of mine and we both would like to attend a cook out or just have lunch with some of the other open carrier's in the area. we are always up for meeting fellow open carry enthusiast.

Jerry1981

I'm new to this forum so hello to everybody. I'm in the Charlotte area as well as a buddy of mine and we both would like to attend a cook out or just have lunch with some of the other open carrier's in the area. we are always up for meeting fellow open carry enthusiast.

Welcome Im pretty new myself. Im looking for people to do the same and also some people who would like to shoot together as well Im new to NC been here 2 years and still dont really know anyone.

KevlarCowboy

Any ideas when you guys would like to get together? I'm thinking maybe do a lunch in the first week of February. I know Saturday's are usually the best for most people. We just need to find a time and place, so lets get some ideas going.

BTW: Jerry if you want you me and my buddy can get together for lunch if you would like, and we could always use anther range buddy. Just let me know.

Last edited:

jerz_subbie

Im in Charlotte Near 485 between 49 and 29 by the Verizon Wireless amphitheater. Im a new gun owner been in Charlotte about 2 years just bought a Kel Tec P-11 because Im taking CCW course in January. But I would love to attend Open Carry Event Im all for open carry as well as CCW .

Sounds like 901 place ;). I used to live there when I first moved down here. I'm only a mile away around the corner so I'd definitely be in for a local meet up and possibly handing out fliers.

Kevlar, PM sent.

aosailor

I live in Mooresville, but work at the new NCRC in K-town. I'm very interested in meeting fellow open carriers

KevlarCowboy

Okay guys I'm suggesting the lunch meet up for Feb. the 5th at 12 p.m.
So far the OC friendly places are-
Cracker Barrel
Chick Fila
Starbucks
Firehouse subs
Arby's
Subway
bruggers bagel's

If you guys have any other ideas for places I'm open to suggestions. My first pick is Cracker Barrel, good service, OC friendly and reasonably priced. Let me know what you guys think.

Jerry1981

BTW: Jerry if you want you me and my buddy can get together for lunch if you would like, and we could always use anther range buddy. Just let me know.

Have you been going to Shooters express thats where i go if its mon-thurs and fri-sat i go to Elite Training Academy i like there range a little better its in better shape but they are only open to public on fri and sat.

JDriver1.8t

So where does everyone go to shoot?
I'm in east charlotte.

I don't like firepower in matthews. I go when I really have the urge for killing paper, but that is maybe every 6 months to a year.

Are there any places in charlotte with a good indoor range, and possibly a long range area?
I have heard good thing about Shooters Express, but it is almost an hour from me.
I have never heard of Elite Training Academy.
Are there any clubs in the area?

I used to shoot once or twice a week when I was in Raleigh, and my yearly round count was about 15k. Now it is about 1k.