Thread: Spotted a Unicorn

Campaign Veteran

Spotted a Unicorn

A few weeks ago at the Rapid City Sams Club I spotted a unicorn: white guy, mid-twenties, OCing an XD in a Serpa CQC. We had a short but pleasant conversation. Apparently, he started OCing after being mugged, twice, outside of the RC Walmart. He had not heard of OCDO so I informed him. Hopefully he's on here somewhere. If nothing else, it was nice to see someone else OCing.

Awesome

Always glad to hear about another OCer. I wish they I met more people down here in this part of the state to OC more than CC. Hopefully he is on here to check it out.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

I hope to open carry more when I'm out there this year instead of leaving it in the saddle bag. When I ride is on the hip but my vest usually covers most of it. I have never felt unsave out there esp the Sturgis/Spearfish area. I plan on carring it more but will not in Sturgis. Way to many cops. Plus when I do go to town I usually hit a saloon.

Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    Always glad to hear about another OCer. I wish they I met more people down here in this part of the state to OC more than CC. Hopefully he is on here to check it out.
    I'll try and look you up come Aug. I plan on staying in Winner on the way out but depends on how far I go the day before. I may stay in Vermillion or Yankton on the way home. Depends on the weather where I stay.

Cool. Let me know when you plan on being in the Yankton/Vermillion area
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Quote Originally Posted by petrophase View Post
    A few weeks ago at the Rapid City Sams Club I spotted a unicorn: white guy, mid-twenties, OCing an XD in a Serpa CQC. We had a short but pleasant conversation. Apparently, he started OCing after being mugged, twice, outside of the RC Walmart. He had not heard of OCDO so I informed him. Hopefully he's on here somewhere. If nothing else, it was nice to see someone else OCing.

I want your guys' honest opinion. I am in my early 30s, but I look younger. I am quite thin, and have NEVER been perceived as military, LEO, or otherwise. I moved here to Rapid City about a year ago from Missouri. I'd really like to OC, but I am concerned that my young look and size (not possibly a LEO) would cause me problems. Your thoughts? Most people that OC that I have seen are rather sizable people that people could easily assume to be LEO. I have a CC permit, but concealing my M&P40 isn't always very easy.

Thank you!

Campaign Veteran
    If you can legally possess it, then carry on! How you look is not relevant to your right to carry.
    I don't look "military" or "LEO." If it's important to you, I do notice that I get fewer googly-eyes when I wear clean clothes and tuck in my shirt, and put a big smile on my face. Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyjay46 View Post
    I want your guys' honest opinion. I am in my early 30s, but I look younger. I am quite thin, and have NEVER been perceived as military, LEO, or otherwise. I moved here to Rapid City about a year ago from Missouri. I'd really like to OC, but I am concerned that my young look and size (not possibly a LEO) would cause me problems. Your thoughts? Most people that OC that I have seen are rather sizable people that people could easily assume to be LEO. I have a CC permit, but concealing my M&P40 isn't always very easy.

Thank you!
    It is not about appearance...

Be polite, be courteous, be professional.... carry yourself like your grandfather would.
    Be confident, read about carry in SD, understand the 4th amendment.
    Live Free or Die!