• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

just for info

crzyjarmans

it seems that most people on this forum here in nv are in northern nv(reno/sparks),I've lived here in las vegas for 23years now and cant ever recall seeing anyone other than uniformed officers ocing,and have been carrying more many years, although i carry concealed most of the time, I am turning to oc and would like to know more people who oc,thanks for any responce

Sabotage70

it seems that most people on this forum here in nv are in northern nv(reno/sparks),I've lived here in las vegas for 23years now and cant ever recall seeing anyone other than uniformed officers ocing,and have been carrying more many years, although i carry concealed most of the time, I am turning to oc and would like to know more people who oc,thanks for any responce
I've lived in Vegas for almost 16 years now. I've seen a few people OC'ing.

One of the first was about 13 years ago. I was running the roofing kettle at US foods on Cheyenne and MLK during the constuction. I guy drives up pretty fast and jumps out of his truck asking me me if I had a cell phone. Of course at that time I didn't. A few seconds later another guy jumps out of his truck and starts coming after the first guy who was OC'ing at the time unholsters his sidearm. Once I see that I hop out of the back of the truck I was in and use it for cover because I thought I was about to see a shooting. But while he is being chased he never raises his weapon. Luckily after a minute or so the second guy gives up and leaves.

I assume it was all over a road rage incident.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
it seems that most people on this forum here in nv are in northern nv(reno/sparks),I've lived here in las vegas for 23years now and cant ever recall seeing anyone other than uniformed officers ocing,

There are HOW many people in LV? If 1000 of them OC, what are your chances of seeing one of them, assuming that you go the same places that they go?

I've been based out of northern NV for several years now, and been here most of the time during the last year. I see half a dozen people in Elko who OC, and have only seen one other guy OC in Washoe County, but I know they're around.

It's like when Slim Pickens went into the Colorado game department office and asked for a license to hunt camels. He was told there was no such thing, because there are no camels in Colorado.

He replied "Well, Ma'am, you been sellin' me elk tags for 20 years, and near as I can see, there ain't none a THEM here, either!"

28kfps

Moving to and living in area, Boulder City, Las Vegas, and Pahrump since 1966 and open carry all the time in Las Vegas and Pahrump I also never saw another open carry person in Vegas. However, see them all the time in Pahrump. Definitely attend one of the group meet ups. You will see several from Las Vegas carrying I like to hang back and watch the reaction of the public as we walk past. The outings are a real kick. I understand Slim Pickens elk issue. The few times I saw one is when I had a deer tag. Almost bagged one when it ran out in front of my truck on the road going to Cave Lake while hunting deer.

crzyjarmans

first sighting

saw my first oc guy the other day walking his dog down micheal way,just around the corner from my house,did not stop to talk as I was in a hurry,but i know there is a lot of people in las vegas and to see one, would be as hard as finding a needle in a hay stack is the reason i asked the question,and sadly to say wont be able to make new years day meet as I'll be out of town, but hopefully will able to make next meet,thx to all that replied

Last edited: