• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another one from cali...

dirtykoala

Sorry to do this to you nevadians(?), nevadans(s), people from nevada again, im gonna be going to tahoe soon. i dont plan on carrying anywhere. just wondering what i should know about having my gun in my car.

i plan on having my handgun in my locked gun bag (soft case), with loaded mags next to it in the same case, probably located just behind the driver or passenger seat. CA legal, is this legal in NV?

What else should i know? is your 4A and 5A pretty well protected in NV? no searches of my vehicle without a warrant, no reason to answer a cop if he asks if i have a gun in the car? stop and id status of NV?

where is a good gun shop near south tahoe? and if i get to make my way to cabellas are dogs allowed in there?

Thanks!

Sabotage70

Sorry to do this to you nevadians(?), nevadans(s), people from nevada again, im gonna be going to tahoe soon. i dont plan on carrying anywhere. just wondering what i should know about having my gun in my car.

i plan on having my handgun in my locked gun bag (soft case), with loaded mags next to it in the same case, probably located just behind the driver or passenger seat. CA legal, is this legal in NV?

What else should i know? is your 4A and 5A pretty well protected in NV? no searches of my vehicle without a warrant, no reason to answer a cop if he asks if i have a gun in the car? stop and id status of NV?

where is a good gun shop near south tahoe? and if i get to make my way to cabellas are dogs allowed in there?

Thanks!
Load it up. Just don't carry it concealed on your person. You should be good on 4a and 5a.
Living down south I don't know about Tahoe or any shopping.

Last edited: