Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: A Letter from the Vermont Attorney General to Arkansas Open Carry

  1. #1
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068

    A Letter from the Vermont Attorney General to Arkansas Open Carry

    This turned up on USCCA's forum and I thought it might be useful to share it with my Wisconsin friends.

    http://www.arkansascarry.com/informa...ry%20Laws.html

    Please note the part about VT having one of the least restrictive handgun carry laws AND one of the lowest crime rates. Wisconsin legislators might be interested in a letter from the VT Attorney General.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

  2. #2
    Regular Member XDFDE45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    823
    Nice to see that some people still have a little common sense.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

    Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member LR Yote 312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    God's Country, Wi
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    This turned up on USCCA's forum and I thought it might be useful to share it with my Wisconsin friends.
    Thank You for posting that. That is just the thing to help. I am quite sure the peoples of Wi Carry will see this as a resource to put to good use.

    LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.


    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

  4. #4
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    Quote Originally Posted by XDFDE45 View Post
    Nice to see that some people still have a little common sense.
    As I have read here somewhere, the problem with common sense is that it is not to common.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox


    We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    As I have read here somewhere, the problem with common sense is that it is not to common.
    If common sense was common, we wouldn't have The Jerry Springer Show.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  6. #6
    Regular Member Kelevra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    darkness
    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If common sense was common, we wouldn't have The Jerry Springer Show.
    Now that thar is some funny stuff, I don't care who you are...


    Posted the letter in few different venues... We need to counter the anti's at every turn.
    Last edited by Kelevra; 12-27-2010 at 02:12 AM.

  7. #7
    Regular Member XDFDE45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    As I have read here somewhere, the problem with common sense is that it is not to common.
    Sadly that is very true.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

    Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Please note the part about VT having one of the least restrictive handgun carry laws AND one of the lowest crime rates. Wisconsin legislators might be interested in a letter from the VT Attorney General.
    Please note that Vermont is about as a vanilla-whitebread state as you can find in the union and would have low crime rates regardless of gun laws. Wisconsin's numbers will hardly change as well no matter what type of concealed carry we get.

    Just sayin...

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member protias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    SE, WI
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Please note that Vermont is about as a vanilla-whitebread state as you can find in the union and would have low crime rates regardless of gun laws. Wisconsin's numbers will hardly change as well no matter what type of concealed carry we get.

    Just sayin...
    Here is the crime rates for VT: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/vtcrime.htm

    Now here are its neighbors: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/nhcrime.htm, http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/mecrime.htm, http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/macrime.htm, http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/nycrime.htm

    By your logic, they are also "vanilla-whitebread" since they are in the same location. However, you can see crime still happens in these states. However, you can see what the difference is when you are able to protect yourself in more locations.

    Oh, here is our lovely state:
    http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/wicrime.htm
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

    If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

    I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

  10. #10
    Regular Member davegran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,565

    Thumbs down The discussion quickly takes an ugly direction....

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    ....

    By your logic, they are also "vanilla-whitebread" since they are in the same location.
    "vanilla-whitebread" is a lame attempt to bring race into the discussion.
    Last edited by davegran; 12-27-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Clarify source of quote.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

    WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

    Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

  11. #11
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    in your pants
    Posts
    397

    I'm confused...

    Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    "vanilla-whitebread" is a lame attempt to bring race into the discussion.
    While I agree with your point, Protias isn't the one who brought up the term. why quote him and make it look as if he was?

  12. #12
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    While I agree with your point, Protias isn't the one who brought up the term. why quote him and make it look as if he was?
    Yeah, really call off the PC police already. Spartacus is the offender, if in fact there was an offense.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  13. #13
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Yeah, really call off the PC police already. Spartacus is the offender, if in fact there was an offense.
    EVERYBODY FREEZE MIAMI VICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................i always wanted to say that!

  14. #14
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    EVERYBODY FREEZE MIAMI VICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................i always wanted to say that!
    You need a Bren Ten to complete the scene properly.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  15. #15
    McX
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    You need a Bren Ten to complete the scene properly.
    i thought he carried a 10 mm? MMMMMmmmm, 10mm (gargles like homer simpson).

  16. #16
    Regular Member davegran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,565

    Whoops!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    While I agree with your point, Protias isn't the one who brought up the term. why quote him and make it look as if he was?
    Sorry, you're right; I have Spart on Ignore and didn't realize how it would look to quote Protias. I went back and edited it for clarity.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

    WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

    Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Here is the crime rates for VT: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/vtcrime.htm

    Now here are its neighbors: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/nhcrime.htm, http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/mecrime.htm, http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/macrime.htm, http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/nycrime.htm

    By your logic, they are also "vanilla-whitebread" since they are in the same location. However, you can see crime still happens in these states. However, you can see what the difference is when you are able to protect yourself in more locations.
    Have you ever lived on the east cost? I have and can tell you that there is a vast difference in population densities, racial characteristics and socio-economic factors between VT and its neighbors.

    And if you don't understand that a large portion of gun violence is gang related, or minority-on-minority crime you COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack once again the WI forum becomes slaves to political correctness regardless of fact.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    2,247
    I don't think it has anything to do with vanillia, whitebread, soda cracker, paleface, sun burnt, red skin, tanned or any other color. However I do think that the socio-economic factors as well as rural, urban, surburban, education, and many other factors do have an effect along with the gun and moral culture of the area. With this I think that VT is going to have a lower crime rate than its neighbors no matter what the laws and that DC is going to have a high crime rate even if you issue a 1911 to every person who crosses the border into DC.

  19. #19
    Regular Member jpm84092's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by PT111 View Post
    issue a 1911 to every person who crosses the border into DC.
    What a marvelous idea! +1
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •