• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This just in,,, Goof with a New gun!!!

1245A Defender

South Kitsap Man Drinks, Plays With Gun, Shoots Round Through Pinky Finger

PORT ORCHARD —
A mix of scotch and fascination with a new semi-automatic handgun proved a dangerous combination for a South Kitsap man when the gun he was examining late Tuesday discharged and sent a round through a pinky finger.

Read more: http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2010/...n-drinks-plays-with-gun-shoots/#ixzz19D5Mzw00

amlevin

Guys like this, when given a new gun for Christmas, should get the ammo a week later. Either that or he needs to have one of those "Blow and Go" devices attached to his pistol. One that the operator has to blow into before the car will start, or in this case, before the gun will function.

p.publius

My Gun Handling Rules

I strictly follow Rules 1 through 4 and have added:
5. No ammo in the room where guns are being cleaned or dry fired.
6. No alcohol in the same room with a gun. Whether locked up or not.
6a. Exception: Restaurants... No alcohol at the table where loaded guns are carried.

.45ACPaddy

The REAL famous last words:

"Don't worry, it's not loaded!"

So, why was he pointing at something that (I assume) he didn't intend to destroy? Unless for some reason he is into self amputation or something... Just don't volunteer anyone else for it!

xxx.jakk.xxx

Shot THROUGH his pinky? He must have a big pinky or it was a .22. Lucky he didn't blow it clean off.
(oh it was a .40?)

Seems to me that he probably racked the slide from the front of the slide with the tip of his pinky hanging over the barrel. That could explain why it was only part of the finger and not the whole thing.

amlevin

Seems to me that he probably racked the slide from the front of the slide with the tip of his pinky hanging over the barrel. That could explain why it was only part of the finger and not the whole thing.

Good thing it wasn't pointed at his crotch like some do when they rack a slide. He'd be missing a part of a different "pinky".