• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is my problem?????

devildoc5

so today I got trespassed from Walgreens on 100th and Bridgeport....

I did contact customer service who informed me that Walgreens policy is to follow state law.

I was contacted by lakewood's finest who informed me that although it might be legal it might not be the wisest decision. I asked if I had one anything wrong and if I was free to leave. I did also have two minor females with me at the time (friends kids). I was respectfully an when the manager asked me to leave I stated " you know WA is a legal open carry state right?" to which the manager responded "it is walgreens policy that you cant be in here with that" I asked " are you asking me to leave" manager replied in the affirmative and I left.

I was contacted by lakewoods finest who informed that although it might be legal that does not mean it is wise. I asked if I had broken any laws and if I was free to go.

Apparently there was numerous 911 calls relating to his according to the RO and this can be readily verified via anyone with an FOIA request.

RO was Cannon. He decided to lecture me on OC and how it is not "appropriate" and how others will see it as a bad thing.

Also there was a patron who was informing customers entering the store that "he has a gun!"

This is ABSURD and illogical.

I will be following up with lakewoods finest as it appears that I have been targeted by them as far as :stop and harass" Especially since my earlier incident....

Deleted_User

It's Lakewood

Why do you think I have the meet in Lakewood? I know how they think they are. Lakewood since its inception has been arrogant and cocky. They think they know better than the rest of the world. Maybe it's the state of Washington.

People in Lakewood voted against the City Hall cathedral down where the mall used to be, and they built it anyway.

People in Washington voted for 2.3 majority to raise taxes and our beloved Governor threw it out to raise taxes anyhow.

Let the PD run their mouth, but if you'r legal, they shouldn't say a word about it.

I'm still waiting on the last FOIA request

Deleted_User

Are they within the statutory time limit? If not will you see that they get a "monetary lesson" for ignoring?

They are with-in as they asked for more time in accordance with something I read. They get 30 days if they ask for it IIRC. I will look it up and make sure, but I think I read it that way.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
I found the thread but there is not an email reply just verbal confirmation.
I just received an phone call from Walgreens corporate office. They said it is not policy. If you are legal to carry in your state you are welcome to do so at Walgreens. He also stated that they supported the 2nd amendment.

I fired off a letter to Walgreens and am awaiting reply.

.45ACPaddy

As a former employee, I can say they are very anti self protection when it comes to employees. However, I can say I would never enforce such a policy on a customer. I think I recall one of the guys on here visiting my store a couple times while I was working, though they were CC.

It is possible that the manager thought that policy applied to everyone on their property. What needs to be learned is the difference between policy that applies to employees and policy that applies to customers. I've OC'd at a few different Walgreens with no problem. Some time after I ended my employment, a manager at a nearby store and I discussed OC when I was shopping, and he was ok with me OCing because he knew me. He stated he wouldn't be so sure about customers he didn't know. I emphasized the viewpoint that if someone is OCing, they most likely have nothing to hide, and if there is no threatening behavior taking place, there should be no problem. I also told him that in all the stories I've seen about robberies with guns, the robber pulls his weapon out from under a jacket or from inside the pants. Simply one guy's viewpoint. He seemed to have an "aha!" moment, and I know of one other who OC'd in that store with no problem. However, the store I'm discussing is not the one where doc had a problem.

I myself have OC'd at the store mentioned in the OP without issue. All it really takes is one person to notice and decide to make a stink about it. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly and we have a conclusion as to what the company's policy is regarding customers legally carrying firearms. As far as I know, there's no policy against it. However, the next couple days should turn up a definitive answer.

Bersa.380

amlevin

as to what the company's policy is regarding customers legally carrying firearms.

I adopted a policy long ago. When it comes to spending MY money I use MY policy. If that doesn't work for the Store and their staff, there are plenty of other stores where I am welcome. If I am going about a Legal Activity then the store can make a choice.

Having worked my entire life in an industry where "Customer Service" was always top of mind, and Sales Quota's had to be met, rest assured that a lost Customer is a bigger deal to a company than a low level employee might make it out to be. Studies have shown, repeatedly, that a PO'd Customer doesn't just go away. They go and tell everyone that will listen how "$h!tty" they were treated. Of the group that they shared their experience with, some of them will share the experience ("I heard that XYZ treats their Customers like crap"), and so on. One PO'd customer can effect the purchasing habits of hundreds under the right circumstances.

Considering the amount of money these corporations spend on getting customers in the door, I am amazed that they allow as much of this crap as they do.

wyecoyote

Was it the store manager or other? Employees can be fired as another poster posted. However, not customers.

Last edited:

brianstone1985

You could always get the name/# of the regional manager to bring it to their attention that this clerk/manager is asking law abiding citizens to leave. That way it may have more of an effect on that person to not do so in the future.

Deleted_User

I wonder if he was wearing a purple shirt. I want a hat that says F$&@ with me. I'd wear it everywhere. Although Lakewood might take it as permission to continue what they do. THAT BEING SAID, check the Lakewood meet thread. I think the meet takes place right next to this Walgreen's in question :) I'll have to ask Doc which Walgreen's it was

G20-IWB24/7

As a former employee, I can say they are very anti self protection when it comes to employees. However, I can say I would never enforce such a policy on a customer. I think I recall one of the guys on here visiting my store a couple times while I was working, though they were CC.

VERY few businesses have a 'policy' to allow the carry of weapons for protection by employees. That's a slippery legal slope for the business. Which is why most that do carry on the job carry secretively and concealed for a reason.

And that was me... I have since been doing more of my outings OC, and was actually at your former store (6th & Stevens) last night, G30 & spare mag out in the open. I've NEVER had any issues there, regardless of how much time I was there or how I was carrying. The pharmacist didn't even care when I OC'd to my flu shot! (Although there was a joking comment about "Don't shoot if this stings a bit, OK?")

I purposely spend my money there because they've never had an issue with my OC, and because there's just nice, helpful people there.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
1422 hrs received a call today from the Walgreen District manager, Sanjay Bhana (425-885-6685). We talked for about 15 minutes and he is contacting corporate for an email or letterhead that confirms that Walgreens allows lawful carry (CC or OC) in their Washington stores.

Sanjay is very aware of Article 1 Section 24 and our right to carry in this state. I also told him I would help in any way possible with copies of other corporate email and letterheads on the issue at hand. We probably won't see anything in writing till after the first of the year due to the holidays and vacations at corporate.

Last edited:

amzbrady

Either that or devildoc5 wears a hat that says "F--- With Me"

He should get a shirt with a task list

Wallet w/ID - check
Keys - check
Firearm - check
Sunglasses - check
Follow law while openly carrying firearm - Check
Get asked to leave store for Following firearm law - Check
Get harrassed by Lakewood PD - Check

sudden valley gunner

He should get a shirt with a task list

Wallet w/ID - check
Keys - check
Firearm - check
Sunglasses - check
Follow law while openly carrying firearm - Check
Get asked to leave store for Following firearm law - Check
Get harrassed by Lakewood PD - Check

I think I have that shirt, well minus the ID, and change it to Bellingham PD.