• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is my problem?????

sudden valley gunner

Yes but when I was kicked out of Bellingham Walmart, the manager called me back a few days later and apologize for the other employee the assistant manager.

As an employer yes I know you have to take complaints with a grain of salt often. But if I have a policy and I find my employees are blatantly disregarding it I am not very happy with said employees.

sudden valley gunner

I never said that, and certainly wouldn't.

Oh yes you definately did. Was sometime ago but you argued "cooperation" with police and argue it out later. ID being the issue. Would be nice if you changed your stance on that.

Oh, someone put a gun to your head? Are they still holding you and forcing you to read against your will? Tell us your location; we will come help you.

No but you stated it's settled and you had a very poor attitude and made some assumptions.

Yet this seems to be what some posters here advocate and practice, based on their postings here.

Where? I have read a few far and apart and they are usually "corrected" by others here. I don't see that this is the case here. I would definitely ask a few questions and if that's store policy or a personal one. Nothing wrong with that at all.

In blue.

amzbrady

See what happens when you ask "Whats my problem" on an open forum. This is what we have wives for, If I wasnt married, I would have no idea what MY problems are. :lol:

Ruby

Big Dave, you say you will be happy to retract your statements once you get the facts. Why did you pass judgement BEFORE you had the facts?!? I thought the idea behind this forum was to share information and support each other and yet I have read so many threads where people that the posters know just ripped them to shreds. That's not supporting OC either! People have different experiences while OCing, that doesn't make anyone right or wrong. Those who haven't had a negative experience yet probably will at one point or another, unless they are just OCing at home! I have noticed lately that a fewer number of people are posting because they're fed up with the BS and being ripped to pieces over everything they say. Everyone is entitled to post and express an opinion as long as they follow the forum rules, BUT, lately it seems we have some "forum thugs" that just go around the forum cutting people down because they didn't handle a particular incident the way THEY would have handled it. It's one thing to be helpful and offer suggestions in the spirit of helping someone improve, it's a totally different thing to criticize and condemm for no other reason than to criticize and condemn. I learned all about this first hand when I posted a thread about leaving my knife and a mag at a customer's house. After thinking all this over, I have decided that I'll just be damned if I will EVER post ANY incident that happens to me on this forum. You all who constantly criticize others' actions (and you know who you are) have regressed to the mentality of children; I prefer to deal with adults who act like adults about adult things. Keep it up and I daresay even fewer people will post; try real hard and you might just be able to kill the Washington forum. Thanks!

amlevin

That's the method I use... what were we talking about again?

I've been told that there are benefits to Alzheimer's, among them:

Only having to buy one book

Meeting new people all the time, even if you haven't gone out

You get to hide your own Easter Eggs.

Something I might have to look forward to.

Squeak

I've been told that there are benefits to Alzheimer's, among them:

Only having to buy one book

Meeting new people all the time, even if you haven't gone out

You get to hide your own Easter Eggs.

Something I might have to look forward to.
You've been talking to my wife, haven't you! We have met, right?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Big Dave, you say you will be happy to retract your statements once you get the facts. Why did you pass judgement BEFORE you had the facts?!? I thought the idea behind this forum was to share information and support each other and yet I have read so many threads where people that the posters know just ripped them to shreds. That's not supporting OC either! People have different experiences while OCing, that doesn't make anyone right or wrong. Those who haven't had a negative experience yet probably will at one point or another, unless they are just OCing at home! I have noticed lately that a fewer number of people are posting because they're fed up with the BS and being ripped to pieces over everything they say. Everyone is entitled to post and express an opinion as long as they follow the forum rules, BUT, lately it seems we have some "forum thugs" that just go around the forum cutting people down because they didn't handle a particular incident the way THEY would have handled it. It's one thing to be helpful and offer suggestions in the spirit of helping someone improve, it's a totally different thing to criticize and condemm for no other reason than to criticize and condemn. I learned all about this first hand when I posted a thread about leaving my knife and a mag at a customer's house. After thinking all this over, I have decided that I'll just be damned if I will EVER post ANY incident that happens to me on this forum. You all who constantly criticize others' actions (and you know who you are) have regressed to the mentality of children; I prefer to deal with adults who act like adults about adult things. Keep it up and I daresay even fewer people will post; try real hard and you might just be able to kill the Washington forum. Thanks!

Information from a source was pretty informative and I am sorry I will not divulge who or who they are but I took a step farther to verify and awaiting a hard copy of the reports and yes there will be a link or pasted so you or anyone else can view and choose their view.
I wish the information could come quicker but that is out of my hands, but there is an audio recording out their and yet to be disclosed, likely showing in a bad light, but remember he has control over the release of it and nothing yet!

Ruby there are fewer and fewer BS stories that pop here now that people are looking into and calling BS (Thankfully).
These altered or made up stories only hurt the cause by working up others into a frenzy just to find out later things did not occur has reported.

Ruby look back at your thread about leaving your equipment being left, did I criticize you? go take a look.
Did you make an error, sure but you are dealing with it the best way you can and by your depiction of me I should have been jumping up and down calling you everything under the sun but intelligent.

So Ruby as soon as I have it and read it, I will make it available and there are others also requesting the same information.

If you want the info for yourself contact City of Lakewood and request the police report 103360125

END_THE_FED

.......He is also going to be putting out a memo to all stores in the district reminding them about their policy of following state law especially when it comes to firearms........

I have never really liked the term "following state law" in the context of a firearm policy.
I mean couldn't a company in Washington ban all firearms by non LEO, and still be "following state law"? There is nothing in the law that prevents them from banning firearms.

sudden valley gunner

I have never really liked the term "following state law" in the context of a firearm policy.
I mean couldn't a company in Washington ban all firearms by non LEO, and still be "following state law"? There is nothing in the law that prevents them from banning firearms.

True it's vague but by saying that as a company policy to follow state law you are not getting labled pro or anti gun.

Last edited:

amzbrady

I dont much care for that term either, but "We follow state law" is a much better answer than, "Guns not allowed"...

oneeyeross

You know, reading through this, I am reminded of a saying my grandfather used to have, back when he was still kicking:

"Don't feed the squirrels. They'll only come back for more."

Sometimes, when I find myself getting into an inter-webs-net-thingie argument, I have to say that to myself over and over again. "Don't feed the squirrels, don't feed the squirrels..." All they want is more nuts...

amlevin

You know, reading through this, I am reminded of a saying my grandfather used to have, back when he was still kicking:

"Don't feed the squirrels. They'll only come back for more."

Sometimes, when I find myself getting into an inter-webs-net-thingie argument, I have to say that to myself over and over again. "Don't feed the squirrels, don't feed the squirrels..." All they want is more nuts...

There's also this:

horses-ass.jpg
"There's always one in every group".

Lovenox

It is indeed private property, but not the manager's private property.

It belongs to the corporation he merely works for, and the corporate policy is the one that should be followed by the manager and other employees regarding that property.

No matter how much the manager's panties may be binding and chafing, he has an employer, and his employer's rules, not something made up by the manager, apply to that private property.

Hey, Goose! Got any more of that spray? :D

Well to a point. The manager is a representative of the corporation. Whether he/she gets the policy correct or not is moot. If they ask you to leave/cover up they are within thier rights to do so. The right to refuse service is still preserved. In addition, they also make decisions based upon company policy AND the situation and what they feel is the "correct" thing to do at the time. It makes no sense to argue the point in the store and run afowl of LEO who dont know the OC laws or dont care for them. Comply with the wishes then follow up with email, snail mail or phone call.