• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Condition 1 at Wal-Mart

cash50

I thought about it, but I figured it would take FOREVER to get a florida. if its only 30 days though, what the heck.

Yea it's very quick. Call some local PD's and Sheriff's to see who will fingerprint you for cheap - if at all- for a out of state permit.

Yeah I got mine in about 45, and I even messed something up on my app and had to resend it. They have more reciprocity than MO, and it's good for 7 years.

Go here to request the forms. You'll have them in the mail in 3-4 days.
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/FormsRequest790.html

Ummm I thought that 35 states honored FL permits and 37 states honored MO permits. Did I miscount?

And remember there are about 6 or so states that you must be a resident of the state your permit is from or they will not honor it.

Last edited:

KBCraig

...a large elderly man...
...my Government sized 1911...
..."Do you realize that that gun is cocked?"...
..."I know, but that Glock 40 is posing a threat. With that hammer back it could go off at any moment."...
LOL.

With the initial description of "elderly", I was expecting a veteran who had been taught to carry Condition Three. Right up until his "Glock 40 with the hammer back" description, where it became obvious he had zero experience with or knowledge of handguns of any type, beyond what Hollywood has taught him.

You did just fine. You can't rationally argue with someone who has used no rationality to arrive at his position.

mFonz77

lol Thats awesome! I'm gonna change the subject here: I LOVE the Glock for its reliability, mag capacity and size but I hate, I Hate the reputation Its been given. They aren't "gats," they don't cap people, they don't go "click clack" and It's really a pain the *** to shoot one sideways (or any gun, for that matter). I'm not that old, see (only 22), so it seems every lovely individual who sees me carrying assumes I'm a wannabe gangster or something. Just makes me carry more.

I do NOT understand why Hollywood persists in portraying "gats" instead of "firearms." I guess it makes them more money or something. I shot my Glock sideways ONCE, at a pumpkin, and will not do it again. I was not trying to be cool, I just wanted to see if there was anything about it. No wonder thugs are horrible shots!

http://www.defensivehandguns.com/yabbfiles/Attachments/homeboy_night_sights.jpg

Kris Alford

Ummm I thought that 35 states honored FL permits and 37 states honored MO permits. Did I miscount?

And remember there are about 6 or so states that you must be a resident of the state your permit is from or they will not honor it.

Did we figure this one out?? I really appreciate the Florida permit site as I am new to all of this CCW and forum stuff but have OC'd since I could hunt. I have submitted for the form and my local PD will print me but I dont want to get screwed because I tried to CC in a state without the proper ID. Thanks!

Maybe this URL will help. The states that are in yellow say you must be a resident of the state your permit is from before they will honor it. But I could be wrong.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

The states listed are CO, FL, SC, MI, ME and NH.

Hope this helps.