• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry with out valid picture ID?

JOESEEB

Hi all,

My drivers license expired on my birth day DEC 5. I went in to renew it and found out it is suspended in Oregon over a traffic ticket from about 3 years ago. My question is I have a concealed weapons permit but my drivers license is expired can I still carry my pistol? I looked up Washington state law and saw nothing mentioning that you had to have valid picture id all that was talked about is that you must have a concealed weapons permit.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faconcealreq.html
the link above shows what is needed to get one. I would like to point out the following from this page.
Documents you’ll need

You’ll need to bring all of the following:

* Picture identification such as a Washington State driver license or identification card. If you don’t have a Washington State driver license or identification card, you must provide proof you have lived in the state for at least the last 90 days.

this states you dont need picture id to apply for one.

any way just wanted to know what you guys think. thanks in advance.

Darkshadow62988

Activist Member
Hi all,

My drivers license expired on my birth day DEC 5. I went in to renew it and found out it is suspended in Oregon over a traffic ticket from about 3 years ago. My question is I have a concealed weapons permit but my drivers license is expired can I still carry my pistol? I looked up Washington state law and saw nothing mentioning that you had to have valid picture id all that was talked about is that you must have a concealed weapons permit.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faconcealreq.html
the link above shows what is needed to get one. I would like to point out the following from this page.
Documents you’ll need

You’ll need to bring all of the following:

* Picture identification such as a Washington State driver license or identification card. If you don’t have a Washington State driver license or identification card, you must provide proof you have lived in the state for at least the last 90 days.

this states you dont need picture id to apply for one.

any way just wanted to know what you guys think. thanks in advance.

IANAL

If there is no requirement for you to have an ID while carrying in your state code you do not have to have one to carry. If you are renewing your permit you could always pay for a non-operator's ID so that you have a valid and current state issued ID. The state's website says they are $20. Personally, I think that's a ripoff, but if it is going to be a while until your license is reinstated and you need ID for something, it may be worth it.

Brimstone Baritone

The $20 (or whatever) does seem like a ripoff, but the Alabama Non-Driver IDs I have seen tend to have longer expiration dates than the Driver's Licenses. I guess it balances out. :shrug:

Dreamer

If your license has been suspended in another state, you may find it difficult to get a new DL in another state. Most states will check on your previous states of residency when you apply for a new license to check for just this sort of thing.

Why not just pay the old ticket, clear your record, and be done with it?

Good luck...