• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Winter Ammo waster & get together @ the Shiocton Police range, Interested ??

What date do you prefer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Interceptor_Knight

There are new range rules for Shiocton. Beginning immediately, no more ground shooting and only paper targets allowed are the ones which will get immediate notice. Leaving brass is considered littering and shooters can be cited for it. Beginning in March, the 200 yard berm is being moved back to 100 yds. There is no more shooting of clay pigeons on the rifle range and no more deliberate skipping of rounds off of the ground. All round must impact the berm. That means no putting targets at 25 or 50 yards on the 200 yard range as the berm is not high enough. Once it is moved back to 100 yards, it will be easier to have intermediate targets. There is already a 25 yard berm on the right and there will be a newly constructed/reconstructed with the work beginning in March. This also means that the 200 yd range will be closed from March until it is completed. The goal is less than 60 days. I have a complete copy of the new rules if anyone wants me to E-mail them a copy. Just Email or PM me with your address.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
There are new range rules for Shiocton. Beginning immediately, no more ground shooting and only paper targets allowed are the ones which will get immediate notice. Leaving brass is considered littering and shooters can be cited for it. Beginning in March, the 200 yard berm is being moved back to 100 yds. There is no more shooting of clay pigeons on the rifle range and no more deliberate skipping of rounds off of the ground. All round must impact the berm. That means no putting targets at 25 or 50 yards on the 200 yard range as the berm is not high enough. Once it is moved back to 100 yards, it will be easier to have intermediate targets. There is already a 25 yard berm on the right and there will be a newly constructed/reconstructed with the work beginning in March. This also means that the 200 yd range will be closed from March until it is completed. The goal is less than 60 days. I have a complete copy of the new rules if anyone wants me to E-mail them a copy. Just Email or PM me with your address.

Thanks for the update ! it was bound to happen, no big deal to me..just have to change the way we have fun.

Zeus

I can go any day. I go there often but the last time was right after deer season and it was closed still for some reason. I love that they have 500yrd targets :) Let me know, I will definitely go and bring many friends and cool guns.

Carcharodon

does anyone has a Glock 30 or 36 they could bring and possibly let me put a mag through? I have a box of .45 I'll bring, I know that stuffs not cheap! I'm about 90% sure one of these will be my next weapon, and I would really like to shoot one or both before I decide.

pahleh

I'm up for some blastin' time.... the last one was a good time. would they object to having clay targets used?. If so, I'll improvise something else to shoot at

That 'no clay targets' thing is a bummer. I was thinking of dusting off one of my 1100s.

Let's see; it's winter so with water and a little orange food coloring and a well shaped mold ... what can I use as a mold?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
That 'no clay targets' thing is a bummer. I was thinking of dusting off one of my 1100s.

Let's see; it's winter so with water and a little orange food coloring and a well shaped mold ... what can I use as a mold?

If I understand correctly, at the range we are going to be at, the new rules state -- nothing thrown in the air and shot at & nothing shot at on the ground, no ground targets. All rounds must go into the target back stop.

Last edited:

pahleh

If I understand correctly, at the range we are going to be at, the new rules state -- nothing thrown in the air and shot at & nothing shot at on the ground, no ground targets. All rounds must go into the target back stop.

Oh poop! Firecrackers in my backyard would seem to be just as much fun. Hmm. Snowman + m80s ?