• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fun at Ihop

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
on Christmas day my wife and I took the girls to Ihop for lunch and Dinner, as we sat there for dinner I had a funny thought we both were doing something taboo in public, I was OCing and she was breastfeeding, we got a couple odd looks but the waitress was chatting with us most of the time. My wife and I got to talking about OC and breastfeeding is alot alike as some businesses dont allow it LOL nice to know she can now relate to me LOL

cash50

I'm not gonna lie, I think breastfeeding in public is kinda weird.

I mean, I'd be doing it if everybody would be ok with me doing it, but why do little babies get all the fun??

afcarry

I'd be doing it if everybody would be ok with me doing it, but why do little babies get all the fun??

+1 If only, if only we could... If there were a "people of Ihop" website, I'm pretty sure you would have been on it the next day. But at least Ihop doesn't have a problem with you OCing, or ... breastfeeding.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
yea she usually doesn't BF in public, but she tried to feed in the bathroom but she just had the kid, we could not go home before we ate, so baby came first LOL That Ihop I go to alot and there very easy going

Ruby

It just absolutely floors me why anyone would find something as normal and natural as breast feeding offensive. If it offends someone, they don't have to watch. And yes, babies do come first!

PT111

I remember back in the 50's one of the ladies in our church breast feeding her baby during the sermon. I also remember some of the other ladies discussing whether it was the correct thing to do or not but do not rememeber any decision other than the discussion.

If the baby is hungry and it is feeding time by all means go ahead, I have no problem with that at all. However I have witnessed at least one woman that made a big deal out of it in a crowd and made sure that everyone knew what she was doing. However she had to wake the baby up to even try to get it to suckle and it really didn't care about it right then. Her intent was not to breast feed but rather to show her breast and make some kind of statement that no one cared about.

As for me I really don't care to eat at the same table as babies whether breast feeding, bottle or any other way. Before bashing me too much I have three grown children so I have been through it and know all the stories. As my mother used to say you should feed babies in the shower so when you get through you can just turn the water on and clean everything up.

MK

It just absolutely floors me why anyone would find something as normal and natural as breast feeding offensive. If it offends someone, they don't have to watch. And yes, babies do come first!

me too,

I would hope IHOP or any business that caters to families and the general public would be smart enough not to kick a new mother out for breast feeding a baby. Talk about some really bad publicity once that hit the news. Plus, Missouri law allows mothers to breast feed in public with appropriate discretion.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
on Christmas day my wife and I took the girls to Ihop for lunch and Dinner, as we sat there for dinner I had a funny thought we both were doing something taboo in public, I was OCing and she was breastfeeding, we got a couple odd looks but the waitress was chatting with us most of the time. My wife and I got to talking about OC and breastfeeding is alot alike as some businesses dont allow it LOL nice to know she can now relate to me LOL

And the normalization of handgun ownership and carry continues . . . :)

BigTzzy

In Kansas, a women is legally allowed to breastfeed anywhere the mother is legally allowed to be. That means that business CAN NOT kick her out for feeding her baby. :banana::banana:

peterarthur

I cannot believe that a single person who OC's would make one single potentially negative comment about public breastfeeding. That is the same narrowmindedness that is directed at us when we OC. Breasts have been around ALOT longer than guns and babies need to eat WHEN they need to eat. Maybe being a father of 9 with a wife that ONLY breastfeeds our children under one makes me more sensitive to this but it is a fact that breastfed babies do better in life. Look at our society. I bet you could make a direct correlation between the decline of breastfeeding and decline of our western society.

If you don't like it, don't watch. I consider it one of the greatest things a mother can do for her baby and strengthens the family bond, something I figure most OCers probably believe in. If you can't get over it, don't OC because that would be displaying the same "lack of consideration".

And as far as I know, breasts are alot less dangerous than guns... well, I suppose that depends ;)

--Si vis pacem, para breastum... ;)

kellogg2185

I'd have to disagree PeterArthur, I think if you look into it, breasts have instigated way more violence than firearms...

"You see, there are as many women as there are men in this world. And every woman has two boobs, for the most part. So there are twice as many boobs as there are men. We're outnumbered and it's overwhelming. We're powerless, and we have to accept it."
- Wheeler

kylemoul

humans and animals alike breast feed. its called "nature".

the only difference is our brains are advanced enough to give us the power to think its unacceptable in some way and bitch about it.

breast feed all you want in public. i wont complain one bit about catching some boob action.

gravedigger

I'd have to disagree PeterArthur, I think if you look into it, breasts have instigated way more violence than firearms...

"You see, there are as many women as there are men in this world. And every woman has two boobs, for the most part. So there are twice as many boobs as there are men. We're outnumbered and it's overwhelming. We're powerless, and we have to accept it."
- Wheeler

Just great. Two thirds of the world are boobs, and the other third are d**** !