Thread: Help Writing Letter

Help Writing Letter

I'm currently in Afghanistan and about 6 months out from moving back to Florida. I want to write a letter to the Gov/Senators/Reps about open carry and request your input.

If anyone has had success with letters or getting a response I'd love to hear your method and/or suggestions. There is now a supermajority and the time to press our public servants is now.

My plan was to say:
    -Moving home. Alarmed that while I may carry guns for your defense I may not carry without your permission at home.
    -Point out the Waffle House story in Georgia
    -Point out AZ/VT/AK constitutional carry
    -Express my expectation of 2A support for the Republican wave we created.

Other than that, what's been effective and what has gotten traction?

Centurion
    Point out that the US Constitution 2nd amendment says: "... THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." and their ban on OPEN carry while requiring PERMISSION to conceal IS AN INFRINGEMENT!

It may get a bit complicated, but you might want to point out that paying for and begging for a permit is a privilege, not a Right. Submitting to being treated like a sex offender to obtain that privilege, also negates the possibility of referring to it as a Right.

Since there is no method of Carry that preserves Carrying without asking permission, without paying, without being registered and watched/monitored with scrutiny, then the Right is abolished.

I wish more people could grasp that concept. In Florida, the RIGHT to Carry does not exist. Even if 234 passes, it still will not exist. It will be better than nothing, but no Rights are being restored here anytime soon.
    Last edited by ixtow; 12-27-2010 at 09:10 AM.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    It may get a bit complicated, but you might want to point out that paying for and begging for a permit is a privilege, not a Right. Submitting to being treated like a sex offender to obtain that privilege, also negates the possibility of referring to it as a Right.

Since there is no method of Carry that preserves Carrying without asking permission, without paying, without being registered and watched/monitored with scrutiny, then the Right is abolished.

I wish more people could grasp that concept. In Florida, the RIGHT to Carry does not exist. Even if 234 passes, it still will not exist. It will be better than nothing, but no Rights are being restored here anytime soon.
    I guess you thought my post was just a little too subtle. LOL

:-p

I'm a rather in-your-face kinda guy. Especially with Politicians, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    :-p

I'm a rather in-your-face kinda guy. Especially with Politicians, etc...
    Yeah, I'm a little sick of asking permission for my rights. Now, I was going to send it to the Gov/House Rep/Senators. Anyone else I should consider?

go here http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ique-My-Letter

read

make the changes suggested

stay safe.