• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help Writing Letter

marinepilot81

I'm currently in Afghanistan and about 6 months out from moving back to Florida. I want to write a letter to the Gov/Senators/Reps about open carry and request your input.

If anyone has had success with letters or getting a response I'd love to hear your method and/or suggestions. There is now a supermajority and the time to press our public servants is now.

My plan was to say:
-Moving home. Alarmed that while I may carry guns for your defense I may not carry without your permission at home.
-Point out the Waffle House story in Georgia
-Point out AZ/VT/AK constitutional carry
-Express my expectation of 2A support for the Republican wave we created.

Other than that, what's been effective and what has gotten traction?

JoeSparky

Centurion
Point out that the US Constitution 2nd amendment says: "... THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." and their ban on OPEN carry while requiring PERMISSION to conceal IS AN INFRINGEMENT!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It may get a bit complicated, but you might want to point out that paying for and begging for a permit is a privilege, not a Right. Submitting to being treated like a sex offender to obtain that privilege, also negates the possibility of referring to it as a Right.

Since there is no method of Carry that preserves Carrying without asking permission, without paying, without being registered and watched/monitored with scrutiny, then the Right is abolished.

I wish more people could grasp that concept. In Florida, the RIGHT to Carry does not exist. Even if 234 passes, it still will not exist. It will be better than nothing, but no Rights are being restored here anytime soon.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
It may get a bit complicated, but you might want to point out that paying for and begging for a permit is a privilege, not a Right. Submitting to being treated like a sex offender to obtain that privilege, also negates the possibility of referring to it as a Right.

Since there is no method of Carry that preserves Carrying without asking permission, without paying, without being registered and watched/monitored with scrutiny, then the Right is abolished.

I wish more people could grasp that concept. In Florida, the RIGHT to Carry does not exist. Even if 234 passes, it still will not exist. It will be better than nothing, but no Rights are being restored here anytime soon.

I guess you thought my post was just a little too subtle. LOL