• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vacation in Santa Fe - need info

botheyesonyou

Going skiing in Santa Fe the first week of the new year. I've read through the posts in this forum and have put together a list for myself. Please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere. I refuse to contract my rights away in the form of a CHL (no offense if you choose to) so my list does not pertain to having any kind of license. I'm also a few moons older than 19.

1. No open carry in any liquor establishment.
2. Leave an establishment if asked to do so.
3. Its OK to pump gas while armed, but don't go into the store.
4. Its OK to concealed carry with an unloaded pistol in one pocket and a magazine in the other if not in a liquor establishment.
5. Any anti gun sign should be respected, and money promptly spent at a freedom loving business.

I've read something pertaining to no open carry on tribal land, which brings me to ask my question. Is the ski area tribal owned? If it is, is it ok to carry concealed (unloaded) while on the mountain? I realize that the cafeteria also has a bar and I wouldn't carry in there. Any help would be appreciated.

AH.74

1. No open carry in any liquor establishment.
2. Leave an establishment if asked to do so.
3. Its OK to pump gas while armed, but don't go into the store.
4. Its OK to concealed carry with an unloaded pistol in one pocket and a magazine in the other if not in a liquor establishment.
5. Any anti gun sign should be respected, and money promptly spent at a freedom loving business.

I've read something pertaining to no open carry on tribal land, which brings me to ask my question. Is the ski area tribal owned? If it is, is it ok to carry concealed (unloaded) while on the mountain? I realize that the cafeteria also has a bar and I wouldn't carry in there. Any help would be appreciated.

Clarifications:

1. No OC ever in a liquor establishment. CC only with a permit, in stores and beer and wine restaurants only

3. If the store does not sell any alcohol you may enter unless posted.

4. The laws stipulate unloaded, there is no further detail. You should be ok. Should be.

Regarding tribal lands- no carry period, even with a permit, unless you have prior permission from the tribe. You may have guns in your vehicle but they must remain in the vehicle. Call the resort to make sure but I do not believe it is on tribal grounds.

OldCurlyWolf

If you like New Mexican cuisine go here:

Tomasita's
(505) 983-5721
500 S Guadalupe St, Santa Fe, NM 87501

It is in an old RR Depot.:D

botheyesonyou

Well, just got back from a great trip. No open carry stories to tell because everywhere I went sold alcohol. I did however have a brief encounter with a Santa Fe police officer. I was sitting on the side of the road at a rest stop programming an address in my G.P.S. There was an abandoned looking vehicle parked at the same rest stop and he was there to investigate that vehicle. After checking out that vehicle, he backed up and asked if everything was OK. I told him the name of the hotel I was looking for and he got out of his unit and walked over to my window. I noticed that he stayed back a few feet from my window but I didn't take him to be stand-offish. It seemed more like he was being respectful of my space. I've read on this forum that in NM your vehicle is considered an extension of your home and his demeanor seemed to confirm this. I'll be back for some summer hiking for sure.