Thread: 4th Annual Lobby Day Breakfast

4th Annual Lobby Day Breakfast

Greeting netizens:

I am happy to announce the 4th annual OCDO Lobby Day breakfast which will take place... wait for it.... wait for it.... on LOBBY DAY Jan 17th.

So, come out, have some waffles and coffee with friends and meet folks you've only known via the OCDO interwebz. The breakfast draws patriots from all corners of VA, you're sure to meet someone interesting at your table, unless you sit with Skidmark... then you're sure to be bored and he might drool on you. You've been warned!

Speaking of Skidmark... I'm dropping $100 cash into his hands for legal defense when I see him @ the breakfast. Anything y'alls can do moneywise to assist Skid is greatly appreciated and will help show out of line authoritarians we gun carriers are not playing around. Our rights are not up for negotiation.

The details:

Jan 17, 2010 @ 7:00AM
    River City Diner
    803 E Parham Rd
    Richmond, VA 23227

http://tinyurl.com/5dtbkl (Google Maps /w street view of front of resteraunt)

No need to RSVP, just show up.
    Last edited by IanB; 12-27-2010 at 07:28 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Maybe if I can get up early enough to be there when they open. Want to be down at the GA earliest and gotta find parking too.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

And Speaking of Parking ...

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Maybe if I can get up early enough to be there when they open. Want to be down at the GA earliest and gotta find parking too.
    Any recommendations for parking locations from some of you Lobby Day veterans?

Quote Originally Posted by USNA69 View Post
    Any recommendations for parking locations from some of you Lobby Day veterans?
    As it is a holiday, the demand on downtown lots will be light.
    A map should be forthcoming in a Va-Alert indicating proximity of lots/decks..

Meter restrictions will Not be enforced that day either.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I think we can make the breakfast.

If I can get up early enough to make the drive I'll be there.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Would not miss it!
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

I will be there.
    Mark D. Matthews
    http://thematthewslawgroup.com/
    Note: Effective February 1, 2011, we have moved to 4508 S. Laburnum Ave., Suite 200, Richmond, Virginia 23231

If I'm driving myself down to Richmond, I have no excuse not to be there.

Wish I could be there, but I just found out that I've got to head to (ugh) New Jersey Friday through Sunday for work, and the Mrs. has too long of a list for me to then take off on Monday. Too many things to do before the baby arrives next month (if not sooner).

I hope everything goes well though.
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

Quote Originally Posted by grylnsmn View Post
    Wish I could be there, but I just found out that I've got to head to (ugh) New Jersey Friday through Sunday for work, and the Mrs. has too long of a list for me to then take off on Monday. Too many things to do before the baby arrives next month (if not sooner).

I hope everything goes well though.
    And so to you on the trip to Joisy and the anticipated new arrival.

Cool

I believe I will be there with DonTreadOnMe and perhaps a few others as we were last year.

The entire day was a crash course in Civics for the young man who accompanied us. As he was only 19 (I think) he of course could not carry into the GA building... but he sure got an education that day, I should think!
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Spam & eggs-- MMMM

I believe I shall join you for a bite of breakfast. What better way to start a day of button-holing politicians.

Anyone want to pool from the Fredericksburg area? PM me.

We had a good turnout last year. Hopefully we'll beat it Monday.

Last edited by peter nap; 01-12-2011 at 09:00 AM.

There I am! Yay!

The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

River City Diner is blocking off the same section as last year and Courtney will be waiting on us.

I'll be there, possibly with another if he takes me up on my offer for a ride.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I'll be there with # 3 daughter. Bridget (# 1 daughter and Glock 21 gunslinger) didn't want to get up that early. #3 gunslinger (smallbore match-shooter) is interested in politics and is looking forward to the trip.

We'll be there for breakfast. That's an EARLY start from Yorktown, that's for sure!!!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Any chance Ed will have a few challenge coins that someone could purchase. I have a nice collection
    and this would be a great addition. I have been trying to find a place he would be at and have a coin or 2
    on him.
    Plus i have never been to an open carry breakfast or dinner so this would be a first for me.

Its a good thing I'm sitting in my recliner... I just looked at the River City menu and had to be very conscious to keep my mouth closed and away from the keyboard. I almost started drooling when i read the menu... MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We'll definitely be there! Departing Tidewater @ 0500 for River City, Oh My.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Its a good thing I'm sitting in my recliner... I just looked at the River City menu and had to be very conscious to keep my mouth closed and away from the keyboard. I almost started drooling when i read the menu... MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We'll definitely be there! Departing Tidewater @ 0500 for River City, Oh My.
    Try the Meat Lovers omelet. It isn't on the menu but they make it for me. You'll love it if you like sausage, country ham and cheese.

I was there yesterday and one of the customers from up north was saying something about needing to be careful this close to the interstate.

The girl behind the counter grinned and looked over at me before she said, "this is the last place you have to be careful...especially on Saturday mornings".
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-16-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Thank you, Peter. I'm really torn about what to get... I haven't had corned beef hash in a while, either. Perhaps a "doggy bag" will be in order.
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Thank you, Peter. I'm really torn about what to get... I haven't had corned beef hash in a while, either. Perhaps a "doggy bag" will be in order.
    Tell Cortney you want your corned beef well done, get scrambled eggs w/onions and fried apples + a big fluffy biscuit & double brewed coffee ........ made in heaven.