• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th Annual Lobby Day Breakfast

IanB

Greeting netizens:

I am happy to announce the 4th annual OCDO Lobby Day breakfast which will take place... wait for it.... wait for it.... on LOBBY DAY Jan 17th.

So, come out, have some waffles and coffee with friends and meet folks you've only known via the OCDO interwebz. The breakfast draws patriots from all corners of VA, you're sure to meet someone interesting at your table, unless you sit with Skidmark... then you're sure to be bored and he might drool on you. You've been warned!

Speaking of Skidmark... I'm dropping $100 cash into his hands for legal defense when I see him @ the breakfast. Anything y'alls can do moneywise to assist Skid is greatly appreciated and will help show out of line authoritarians we gun carriers are not playing around. Our rights are not up for negotiation.

The details:

Jan 17, 2010 @ 7:00AM
River City Diner
803 E Parham Rd
Richmond, VA 23227

http://tinyurl.com/5dtbkl (Google Maps /w street view of front of resteraunt)

No need to RSVP, just show up.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe if I can get up early enough to be there when they open. Want to be down at the GA earliest and gotta find parking too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Any recommendations for parking locations from some of you Lobby Day veterans?

As it is a holiday, the demand on downtown lots will be light.
A map should be forthcoming in a Va-Alert indicating proximity of lots/decks..

Meter restrictions will Not be enforced that day either.

nova

If I'm driving myself down to Richmond, I have no excuse not to be there.

grylnsmn

Wish I could be there, but I just found out that I've got to head to (ugh) New Jersey Friday through Sunday for work, and the Mrs. has too long of a list for me to then take off on Monday. Too many things to do before the baby arrives next month (if not sooner).

I hope everything goes well though.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Wish I could be there, but I just found out that I've got to head to (ugh) New Jersey Friday through Sunday for work, and the Mrs. has too long of a list for me to then take off on Monday. Too many things to do before the baby arrives next month (if not sooner).

I hope everything goes well though.

And so to you on the trip to Joisy and the anticipated new arrival. :D

wylde007

I believe I will be there with DonTreadOnMe and perhaps a few others as we were last year.

The entire day was a crash course in Civics for the young man who accompanied us. As he was only 19 (I think) he of course could not carry into the GA building... but he sure got an education that day, I should think!

AtackDuck

Spam & eggs-- MMMM

I believe I shall join you for a bite of breakfast. What better way to start a day of button-holing politicians.

Anyone want to pool from the Fredericksburg area? PM me.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We had a good turnout last year. Hopefully we'll beat it Monday.

IMG_6660%7E0.JPG

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
River City Diner is blocking off the same section as last year and Courtney will be waiting on us.

MSC 45ACP

I'll be there with # 3 daughter. Bridget (# 1 daughter and Glock 21 gunslinger) didn't want to get up that early. #3 gunslinger (smallbore match-shooter) is interested in politics and is looking forward to the trip.

We'll be there for breakfast. That's an EARLY start from Yorktown, that's for sure!!!

tkd2006

Any chance Ed will have a few challenge coins that someone could purchase. I have a nice collection
and this would be a great addition. I have been trying to find a place he would be at and have a coin or 2
on him.
Plus i have never been to an open carry breakfast or dinner so this would be a first for me.

MSC 45ACP

Its a good thing I'm sitting in my recliner... I just looked at the River City menu and had to be very conscious to keep my mouth closed and away from the keyboard. I almost started drooling when i read the menu... MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We'll definitely be there! Departing Tidewater @ 0500 for River City, Oh My.