• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 31, .357 sig

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I nabbed a Glock 31 just before Christmas. It wasn't a well-thought-out decision. I was holding out for a 10mm, but I fell down and bought this instead, because the price was very right.

I'd read about .357 sig before, figure it's better than a 'normal' 9mm.

I never buy ammo, I load my own. So availability/cost of ammo is not a concern.

So, besides the above sentence, did I do a stupid?

irish52084

You did very well, I have have the glock 32 and I really like it. I'm not a glock lover either, but the 357 SIG round is fantastic. I like my friends glock 20 in 10mm, but it's a bit large for even my large hands to be really comfortable to grip, so I went down a frame size and ended up with the 32. I'm not disappointed at all with the round or the pistol.

The 357 Sig uses 9mm/.355 diameter bullets, but when using hollow points for defense, be sure to use ones made for the 357 Sig as they are constructed in a more robust manner to handle the higher velocities of the round versus the 9mm Luger. You probably already knew that, just making sure.

NakedOne

Not stupid at all

While I dont own a G31, I do have a G20c, G29, and the G32. While I love my 10mm's the 357 SIG is not a bad choice. My expericence is there are no bad caliber choices though, just bad shot placement.

Besides now you get to buy a 10mm to keep the .357 SIG company! :banana:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'll probably end up with a G22 and G17 slide for this frame, first.

Then, I'll buy the G20 slide to give me an excuse to buy a G21.

palerider116

I love my 33. I carry Speer Gold Dot 125 grain as my choice of carry ammo, and it still does 1300 FPS out of a 3.27" barrel.

357 Sig is a very angry 9mm round. :lol:

coorsleftfield

It's a good gun. I wouldn't buy a 357sig because I'm not reloading, and the cost of practicing with it would be much higher. This would probably make me practice less.

So I prefer a 9mm that I can practice with a lot, with cheap walmart ammo. I think if you hit a bad guy, center of mass, it won't make much difference if you do it with 9mm, 40s&w or 357sig.. He will be stopped with any of those.

Nevada carrier

There are three pistol calibers, 9mm Luger, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP; all others are exotics. I prefer to carry a round that my enemy is likely to be carryng for the simple fact that when I kill him, I can take their ammo and use it to kill more of my enemies. Yes, I said "KILL", I did not say "STOP". I say kill because I think it terms of all out war. I am not a soldier. I do not have government to resuply my stockpile of amunition when I run low. If worse comes to worse, I need to know that I can get a resupply from a dead body.

For that matter, there are 2 rifle calibers, 5.56 and 7.62 NATO. Both of which I am likely to find on the body of an enemy.

Last edited: