• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Government Recruiting Professionals to Spy for Homeland Security

XDFDE45

Some health insurance companies now want to know if you have firearms in the home and how many and what type.
It's not just the insurance companies. This past Feb. I had to take my daughter to the hospital due to pneumonia. While the resident doc was asking us about what all led to her getting pneumonia and her being admited and then out of the blue he asks me if I have a gun in the house and if it is loaded and where/how it is stored. I'm like WTF?!?! So I promptly tell him it is none of his damn business and that whether I have a gun and how it is stored has NOTHING to due with why my daughter is being admited now. I was in a freaking rage after that! So after a day of calming down I do some digging and find out that the gun part of the questionnaire is REQUIRED by the state board. I could see if I brought her in with a gunshot wound and they wanted to know how it happened, but I she was being admited for PNEUMONIA!!!!

Landose_theghost

It's not just the insurance companies. This past Feb. I had to take my daughter to the hospital due to pneumonia. While the resident doc was asking us about what all led to her getting pneumonia and her being admited and then out of the blue he asks me if I have a gun in the house and if it is loaded and where/how it is stored. I'm like WTF?!?! So I promptly tell him it is none of his damn business and that whether I have a gun and how it is stored has NOTHING to due with why my daughter is being admited now. I was in a freaking rage after that! So after a day of calming down I do some digging and find out that the gun part of the questionnaire is REQUIRED by the state board. I could see if I brought her in with a gunshot wound and they wanted to know how it happened, but I she was being admited for PNEUMONIA!!!!

Yup, same here. When my daughter was born last year, the doc pulled me aside and asked me if any firearms were in the house, and if so, how many?. He sed it's policy, but my major question is, Why is this even a concern to the state? My guns are MY concern, NOT your's, or the states. Regardless of CPS's concern that a child may be "endangered". This is a complete waste of time and is total BS IMHO.

-Landose-

Last edited:

LR Yote 312

I am in and out of St Lukes Southshore 2 or 3 times a month.

Questions seems to be limited to child cases from what I have seen.

I took the 18yr old in 2 weeks ago for a slip and fall in the p/lot
They didnt bother to ask.

They also never ask when I have taken the Mrs in either....

LR Yote

Ruby

This is Big Brother spying on us for sure. I think it is also "back door gun control". What about the possibility in the future that you will be denied insurance or even medical care, or pay more for those things because you own a gun? If they can't ban them or outright take them, (for now) they'll just penalize us for having them. It's not the doctor's fault, he probably didn't like having to ask.

Ruby

Put this together with food gift cards for turning in your guns, having children turn in and destroy toy guns and the picture is becoming quite clear.

Kelevra

At one time, I might have been in trouble but since my entire collection of firearms was lost in a tragic canoeing accident, I no longer have anything to report. I do own one slingshot. does that count?

FMJ45

LOL... :lol:
your reply should have been, NO it's not at home, it's right here on my hip. Care to see it?

FMJ45

At one time, I might have been in trouble but since my entire collection of firearms was lost in a tragic canoeing accident, I no longer have anything to report. I do own one slingshot. does that count?

After that tragic accident did you put an X on the bottom of your canoe so you could go back and find them? :cool:

:lol: