• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thoughts wanted: Used G27 for $375 w/ night sights

TheQ

I'm looking at buying a Glock 27 w/ night sights included for $375 for the purpose of a concealed BUG. Any thoughts positive or negative about the G27?

The previous owner was a police agency. The firearm appears in good condition. Any particular wears I should look for?

ETA: It's a third generation.

Beerme

Banned
great price, new or old 3rd gen though?

Early ones had flat extractor and different finish on internal parts
new ones have loaded chamber indicator and improved finish.

eastmeyers

Amazing price IF the night sights are still bright, if they are not that is just a GOOD price. :D Anyways, a G27 was my very first firearm. Paid for it from an FFL when I was 20, and picked it up when I turned 21. Great shooter, VERY SNAPPY, unless you are a sniper with small pistols though, the peirce extensions are a MUST! The only add like 3/4 inch to the front of the magazine and none in the back. Plus they add one more round, and I've herd the new ones add two. Now a days, I only use it as a bug, on my ankle, or when I am around family who does not like carry, or while at church. Other than that I will OC/CC one of my big boys, usually my G21 or Ruger Security Six.

Like I said though amazing lil pistol, I love mine, it is the ONLY pistol I own I would NEVER sell, and that is purely for sentimental reasons probably because it is my first firearm. And you say it comes form a police agency, which means, they probably already have the peirce extension on it. Also police agencies only use the G27 as back-ups, and for undercover officers (if they choice to carry). Most agency's/PD's don't have under-covers, so it was most likely a back-up. Heck inspect it, it may have never even of been issued. Back-ups don't get used much and don't get shoot as much at the range either. If they put 500 rounds through their primary's they only put about 50-100 though their back-ups, most agency's only qualify every 3 months to 24 months, so you are looking at a decently low round count too. Just take a look at it, and if you have a Glock tool, pop the back pin and lift the inners to take a look and make sure everything looks clean, if you do not have a Glock tool, PM me and I will send you instructions on how to make one in less then two minutes for less then $0.50.

If you decide not to go through with this transaction, I am sure if you post that decision, you could get some PM's from people so they can, HINT HINT...

budlight

I have a G27 3rd Gen with night sights. Since it is a little snappy I have the extended magazine that allows a third finger on the grip. With the better grip I can shoot it comfortably and accurately.

TheQ

Sights still glow bright. Confirmed previous owner as LEA. Sold "as-is".

I think I'll do it at lunch.

Thank you everyone for the $.02.

Michigun

pics or it didn't happen.
icon12.png

TheQ

Fired my first 50 through it outside today.

The recoil was less severe than you guys had prepared me for. Firing didn't have nearly the "ow" factor of a Ruger LCP, which I've previously fired.

I like how the trigger pull of my Springfield XDm works better. With the Glock you pull the trigger back pretty easilly about 95%. That last 5% seems to require a lot more pull. I'm not sure if that's a Glock thing or something with this particular firearm?

I noticed the front night sight is a molded part of the slide (unlike my Springfield). Ergo when the front night sight goes out I guess you live w/o it or buy a new slide.

I had one fail to feed. The last round of my first magazine it seems the Spring didn't have enough energy to take the last round from the magazine and feed it into the chamber. Since this only happened once I wrote it off as an anomaly but I'll be watching for this in the future.

The 9 round magazine is TIGHT. That last round goes in hard. Much harder than my XDm. If you don't have the slide back when you insert the magazine it'll take the force of a mighty gorilla to lock the magazine into the frame. If you do manage to get it in without the slide locked back, good luck in getting the slide to pull back to load the first round!

I'll be working with it more in the coming months.

ETA: No LEA stamp seen.

Beerme

Banned
springfield XD's are single action type firearms
Glocks are not
when you chamber a round in a glock you half cock the firing pin, the rest is done by the trigger
that is why XD's SUCK for IDPA they have to go against all the high end 1911's

eastmeyers

You get used to putting that last round in, and loading the full magazine. Anyways, as you can tell those springs get tight in the magazine when fully loaded. My guess is that the magazine that failed was most likely carried everyday, and full everyday, so you may need a new spring.

As for the trigger, if you trust yourself, you can install a 3.5lbs trigger, that is what I have on mine.