Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday 1/2/11 - Lakewood Starbucks Meet

Sunday 1/2/11 - Lakewood Starbucks Meet

With the recent events in Lakewood and the stance of the Police Department, I am glad I started this meet. That being said, 2 January 2011 is the first meet of the new year here and I'd love to meet up to see how holidays went. I was going to postpone but I got some feedback that people are looking forward to meeting up. So, I'm gonna have coffee and welcome anyone else to come visit. I will be skipping breakfast this time around but if anyone wants to meet somewhere, go for it.

When: 2 January 2011 10am
    Where: Starbucks 5700 100th Street Suite 440 Lakewood, WA 100th / Bridgeport
    How: However you can get here
    Why: Why not
    Who: Whomever wishes to come have some coffee and OC in Lakewood

I believe Devildoc's Walgreen's is the one in the same parking lot but I am not totally sure. I will edit this post if this information is incorrect. Looking forward to seeing all there.

Barring bad weather/roads, I will be there. Looking forward to it!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Working

I have to be at work on Ft Lewis from 9-10am in uniform (unarmed victim zone). So I'm going to go to Range 15 (weather permitting) and do some shooting with my weapons and ammo that are secured in separate containers in different parts of the unarmed car. Everybody get an extra shot (coffee) and think of me.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Will try to make it.
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    I'm working the night before, but I'll try to be there.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Bump

If I didn't have to work I would be there, But after I do my my checks I'm going to range 15 to do some shooting.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

I will be there @ 10. Let's get Caffinated!

I'll be there

I will try to be there. See you tomorrow!

If I show up, I'll be late. Taking someone to the airport around that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Goose, I sent you a PM. I am sick, I either have a migraine or a sinus infection. Been up half the night. I will probably make it next month. I am going to try to make the FW meet on the 8th. I will miss seeing everybody this morning. Have a mocha for me!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Good meet today... after the majority of you guys left a lady stopped by and got plenty of info from Boosted Dreams, Deros and myself.

We missed ya Devildoc5

This was a good meet. I got to meet some people I'd not seen before and some I've not seen in a while.

Attendees: (12)
    Goose +2 kids
    M1Gunr - Always a pleasure Bill
    DEROS72 - The hair looked good
    Bookman - Loved the car
    boosteddreams +1 - NICE to meet you. My dad and I are belt shopping now
    newyork 10001 - Thanks for coming with Dad
    Ani - The wife, nothing follows
    Jarhead +1 - Nice to see you again

All in all a few things were discussed including upcoming possibilities of bills and the local stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next month if not before. Thanks for coming out everybody!

You were missed also Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Goose, I sent you a PM. I am sick, I either have a migraine or a sinus infection. Been up half the night. I will probably make it next month. I am going to try to make the FW meet on the 8th. I will miss seeing everybody this morning. Have a mocha for me!
    Health is more important. Please try to get better. You're in our prayers as always. Take care. I'll call you before we decide on a range date to see if you're available.

Hello...

Good evening,
    I’m Ed Reillo, I meet some of you this morning at the Startbucks’ meet. I want to go ahead and congratulate all of you for the wonderful job that you all are doing, I have a very informative and enlightening conversation with some of you this morning. I already start doing some homework…I may have some adjustments to do on my “holsters collection” before I start OC but definitely is just a matter of time (Tomorrow perhaps…) before “I come out of the CC closet…LOL” and start “OC’ing” in the area… We’ll see…

Good night everybody,
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by " Ed " View Post
    Good evening,
    I’m Ed Reillo, I meet some of you this morning at the Startbucks’ meet. I want to go ahead and congratulate all of you for the wonderful job that you all are doing, I have a very informative and enlightening conversation with some of you this morning. I already start doing some homework…I may have some adjustments to do on my “holsters collection” before I start OC but definitely is just a matter of time (Tomorrow perhaps…) before “I come out of the CC closet…LOL” and start “OC’ing” in the area… We’ll see…

Good night everybody,
    Ed
    First of all, WELCOME to OCDO!

There is a lot of information here and a good bunch of informed people as well. It was nice to have met you. I was the guy in the Flyers jacket at the far right. We do this meet in Lakewood once a month on the first Sunday. Mayhaps we'll see you around.

Hi Ed, It was myself and M1gunr that spoke to you this morning.I was the one with the Cav pin.Good to see you on the board.Stay with us we have some stuff in the works thats going to be fun. Good to see you Goose and Ani .Not a word was said by the 3 Lakewood police that were sitting in there as Bookman and I walked in..

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DEROS72 View Post
    Hi Ed, It was myself and M1gunr that spoke to you this morning.I was the one with the Cav pin.Good to see you on the board.Stay with us we have some stuff in the works thats going to be fun. Good to see you Goose and Ani .Not a word was said by the 3 Lakewood police that were sitting in there as Bookman and I walked in..
    Funny, isn't it, how Lakewood PD, who were the ones to lose 4 fellow officers, handled the situation better than Pierce County SO?
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Funny, isn't it, how Lakewood PD, who were the ones to lose 4 fellow officers, handled the situation better than Pierce County SO?
    I'm new on the Forum and I'm not familiar with what happen in the Pierce County SO subject, (I suppose some type of harassment...) Just wondering what percent of cases like this one are due to Police departments "leaving in the dark" their officers without the proper training or information on subject, or is just some Police officers playing the "stupid card"...

Quote Originally Posted by reillo584 View Post
    I'm new on the Forum and I'm not familiar with what happen in the Pierce County SO subject, (I suppose some type of harassment...) Just wondering what percent of cases like this one are due to Police departments "leaving in the dark" their officers without the proper training or information on subject, or is just some Police officers playing the "stupid card"...
    Perhaps you will remember it from the news. Four Lakewood Police officers were murdered in a coffee shop by a criminal last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Perhaps you will remember it from the news. Four Lakewood Police officers were murdered in a coffee shop by a criminal last year.
    Ruby, he asked about PSCO officers...

Ed, one of our fellow members had an issue with PCSO a little while back. Look for the Tom Brewster Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post

Ed, one of our fellow members had an issue with PCSO a little while back. Look for the Tom Brewster Thread...
    Sorry!! Thanks for catching that. I'm not myself, I've been sick all weekend, forgive me and I'll be quiet.

This is Ed...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by massivedesign View Post

Thanks for the thread...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reillo584 View Post
    You left out the "ego card". It comes right after the "Stupid one".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    You left out the "ego card". It comes right after the "Stupid one".
    You're damn right, I forgot that one...!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast