• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sunday 1/2/11 - Lakewood Starbucks Meet

Deleted_User

With the recent events in Lakewood and the stance of the Police Department, I am glad I started this meet. That being said, 2 January 2011 is the first meet of the new year here and I'd love to meet up to see how holidays went. I was going to postpone but I got some feedback that people are looking forward to meeting up. So, I'm gonna have coffee and welcome anyone else to come visit. I will be skipping breakfast this time around but if anyone wants to meet somewhere, go for it.

When: 2 January 2011 10am
Where: Starbucks 5700 100th Street Suite 440 Lakewood, WA 100th / Bridgeport
How: However you can get here
Why: Why not
Who: Whomever wishes to come have some coffee and OC in Lakewood

I believe Devildoc's Walgreen's is the one in the same parking lot but I am not totally sure. I will edit this post if this information is incorrect. Looking forward to seeing all there.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Working

I have to be at work on Ft Lewis from 9-10am in uniform (unarmed victim zone). So I'm going to go to Range 15 (weather permitting) and do some shooting with my weapons and ammo that are secured in separate containers in different parts of the unarmed car. Everybody get an extra shot (coffee) and think of me.

Ruby

Goose, I sent you a PM. I am sick, I either have a migraine or a sinus infection. Been up half the night. I will probably make it next month. I am going to try to make the FW meet on the 8th. I will miss seeing everybody this morning. Have a mocha for me!

Deleted_User

We missed ya Devildoc5

This was a good meet. I got to meet some people I'd not seen before and some I've not seen in a while.

Attendees: (12)
Goose +2 kids
M1Gunr - Always a pleasure Bill
DEROS72 - The hair looked good
Bookman - Loved the car
boosteddreams +1 - NICE to meet you. My dad and I are belt shopping now
newyork 10001 - Thanks for coming with Dad
Ani - The wife, nothing follows :)
Jarhead +1 - Nice to see you again

All in all a few things were discussed including upcoming possibilities of bills and the local stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone next month if not before. Thanks for coming out everybody!

Deleted_User

You were missed also Ruby

Goose, I sent you a PM. I am sick, I either have a migraine or a sinus infection. Been up half the night. I will probably make it next month. I am going to try to make the FW meet on the 8th. I will miss seeing everybody this morning. Have a mocha for me!

Health is more important. Please try to get better. You're in our prayers as always. Take care. I'll call you before we decide on a range date to see if you're available.

reillo584

Hello...

Good evening,
I’m Ed Reillo, I meet some of you this morning at the Startbucks’ meet. I want to go ahead and congratulate all of you for the wonderful job that you all are doing, I have a very informative and enlightening conversation with some of you this morning. I already start doing some homework…I may have some adjustments to do on my “holsters collection” before I start OC but definitely is just a matter of time (Tomorrow perhaps…) before “I come out of the CC closet…LOL” and start “OC’ing” in the area… We’ll see…

Good night everybody,
Ed​

Deleted_User

Good evening,
I’m Ed Reillo, I meet some of you this morning at the Startbucks’ meet. I want to go ahead and congratulate all of you for the wonderful job that you all are doing, I have a very informative and enlightening conversation with some of you this morning. I already start doing some homework…I may have some adjustments to do on my “holsters collection” before I start OC but definitely is just a matter of time (Tomorrow perhaps…) before “I come out of the CC closet…LOL” and start “OC’ing” in the area… We’ll see…

Good night everybody,
Ed​

First of all, WELCOME to OCDO! :monkey

There is a lot of information here and a good bunch of informed people as well. It was nice to have met you. I was the guy in the Flyers jacket at the far right. We do this meet in Lakewood once a month on the first Sunday. Mayhaps we'll see you around.

DEROS72

Hi Ed, It was myself and M1gunr that spoke to you this morning.I was the one with the Cav pin.Good to see you on the board.Stay with us we have some stuff in the works thats going to be fun. Good to see you Goose and Ani .Not a word was said by the 3 Lakewood police that were sitting in there as Bookman and I walked in..

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Hi Ed, It was myself and M1gunr that spoke to you this morning.I was the one with the Cav pin.Good to see you on the board.Stay with us we have some stuff in the works thats going to be fun. Good to see you Goose and Ani .Not a word was said by the 3 Lakewood police that were sitting in there as Bookman and I walked in..

Funny, isn't it, how Lakewood PD, who were the ones to lose 4 fellow officers, handled the situation better than Pierce County SO?:rolleyes:

reillo584

Funny, isn't it, how Lakewood PD, who were the ones to lose 4 fellow officers, handled the situation better than Pierce County SO?:rolleyes:

I'm new on the Forum and I'm not familiar with what happen in the Pierce County SO subject, (I suppose some type of harassment...) Just wondering what percent of cases like this one are due to Police departments "leaving in the dark" their officers without the proper training or information on subject, or is just some Police officers playing the "stupid card"...:rolleyes:

Ruby

I'm new on the Forum and I'm not familiar with what happen in the Pierce County SO subject, (I suppose some type of harassment...) Just wondering what percent of cases like this one are due to Police departments "leaving in the dark" their officers without the proper training or information on subject, or is just some Police officers playing the "stupid card"...:rolleyes:

Perhaps you will remember it from the news. Four Lakewood Police officers were murdered in a coffee shop by a criminal last year.