• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MD's lax "hammer-control" laws cause armed robbery spree...

Dreamer

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/26286927/detail.html

Anne Arundel County police said the women were leaving The Rose Restaurant on Belle Grove Road just after 7 p.m. Saturday when a man approached them, threatened them with a claw hammer and took their purses.

Perhaps Lowe's and Home Depot need to start requiring tool-buyers to fill out 4473's, and passing a NICS check...

Last edited:

afcarry

No, clearly we all just have to start registering our handy man tool set and prove competence before we buy. This is ridiculous. Just proves how people are weapons, not tools. Carry on.

MK

Maybe instead of holstered firearms OC, law abiding citizens can wear leather toolbelts fitted with items such as a hammer, roofing hatchet, utility knife and a big flat head screwdriver.

I kind of like that idea.