Thread: Bloomfield Twnshp...

Bloomfield Twnshp...

http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Service...gistration.htm

Outdated website or are they really behind the times?
    To point out what Im talking about, limit on quantity of purchase permits and requiring a safety inspection.

Making a false statement, using false identification, bringing an "unsecured" or loaded pistol into the police facility or failing to register a pistol are only a few.
    Oh reeeealy?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

MCL 123.1102 violation

This clearly is a violation of MCL 123.1102 and therefore will not stand up to legal scrutiny. Short answer they are full of it.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%2...e=mcl-123-1102

FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION (EXCERPT)
    Act 319 of 1990

123.1102 Regulation of pistols or other firearms.

Sec. 2.

A local unit of government shall not impose special taxation on, enact or enforce any ordinance or regulation pertaining to, or regulate in any other manner the ownership, registration, purchase, sale, transfer, transportation, or possession of pistols or other firearms, ammunition for pistols or other firearms, or components of pistols or other firearms, except as otherwise provided by federal law or a law of this state.

History: 1990, Act 319, Eff. Mar. 28, 1991

Looks like I found my first phone call for tomorrow.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Looks like I found my first phone call for tomorrow.
    Give them an education Sir!

Heres one from Oxford mi my grandfather told me about

Sec. 42-156. Firearms, possession and transportation regulated.
    (a) The word "firearm," except as otherwise specifically defined in this Code, shall be construed to include any weapon from which a dangerous projectile may be propelled by using explosives, gas or air as a means of propulsion.
    (b) It shall be unlawful for any person to transport or to have in his possession in or upon any vehicle a firearm unless the firearm is unloaded in both barrel and magazine and carried in the luggage compartment of the vehicle, or, if the vehicle has no luggage compartment, then the firearm shall be unloaded and in a case. It shall be unlawful to carry a firearm on any public street or in any public place unless it is unloaded and in a case.
    (c) It shall be unlawful for any person under 18 years of age to purchase, carry or transport a firearm on any public street or in any public place. It shall be unlawful for any person to sell a firearm to any person under 18 years of age.
    (d) Police officers, peace officers and persons in the military service, in pursuit of official duty, and persons duly authorized by federal or state law to carry firearms, are exempt from the provisions of this section.
    (Ord. No. 278, 5, 2-10-1981)

The use or possession of firearms, bows and arrows, airguns, slingshots, or any other device that discharges a projectile with force is prohibited.
    (Ord. No. 295, 20, 5-27-1986)

this one is for oxford parks

oxford village manager knows my grandfather we talked they repealled one and there going to look at removing the other.

I called the number listed for gun registration today. The woman who answered the phone was very aware that the site had outdated info and said she brought it to the Community Relations dept. over a year ago. I asked her if there was anything I could do to help speed the process along, to which she replied "no". I then called Community Relations director Leslie Helwig and spoke with her directly. She was very upset someone had said it was her Depts. fault for not having the site updated. She made it clear she would be calling the woman I spoke with to ask her why she had said that. She also said site updates must be approved by the Police Chief and she would be calling him today. I pointed out to her the section regarding bringing loaded pistols into police stations so she wouldn't miss it. I told her I'd be calling her back in 2 weeks to see how the process for updating the site is going.
    Last edited by scot623; 12-28-2010 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    I called the number listed for gun registration today. The woman who answered the phone was very aware that the site had outdated info and said she brought it to the Community Relations dept. over a year ago. I asked her if there was anything I could do to help speed the process along, to which she replied "no". I then called Community Relations director Leslie Helwig and spoke with her directly. She was very upset someone had said it was her Depts. fault for not having the site updated. She made it clear she would be calling the woman I spoke with to ask her why she had said that. She also said site updates must be approved by the Police Chief and she would be calling him today. I pointed out to her the section regarding bringing loaded pistols into police stations so she wouldn't miss it. I told her I'd be calling her back in 2 weeks to see how the process for updating the site is going.
    LOL!

Internal bickering FTW!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I talked to Ms. Helwig today. Website is updated per the Chief of Police instruction. The section about firearm transport isn't perfect...but eh. At least the BS about not being able to carry into the station is gone.

Thanks for the update!

Yeah better than it was. Still states there is a limit to 5 purchase permits out at a time which if I remember correctly MI law does not set a limit.

You are correct there is no limit in MI.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!