Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What holster for concealment???

What holster for concealment???

Looking for a concealment holster... I have not used one and have been told the SOB is not a good choice. Don't think I want to go with a shoulder holster. IWB sounds good as I can wear it about where my OC holster is located now.

Anybody know of a good quality holster they can recommend from personal experience?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Kelevra; 12-27-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    I use a Galco IWB for walking around and a Blackhawk Serpa shoulder holster rig when driving.

Master's IWB is Great!

This is the inside the waist band (IWB) http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/t...-MASTER/Detail Is the one that I use. Just move the steel clip from one side of the holster to make it for the other hand or cross draw.

I have this Desantis... http://www.desantisholster.com/store...S/Cozy-Partner

trying to decide if I like it or not...the IWB fit is OK..I think i much prefer it in the open...

Where do you "conceal" up yonder?

Thought that was ill eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post

I leave the borders of the Dairy State and the Land of Lincoln where I can legally carry in accordance with my non-resident carry permit...... Besides, when was the last time you were patted down for speeding?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post

That is a stickler right now but I am looking ahead to the next few months. And between you and I, The Constitution is law. The only law. It reads, and I quote,

U.S. Constitution: Second Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The last four words are very important.

I believe that the Statutes in place now in Wisconsin are illegal. I believe they infringe on my right to keep and bear arms.

I believe that any statute the DNR has in place, concerning the carrying of any gun, is also illegal. Likewise state and city parks. Like wise government buildings. Likewise, school zones. Likewise, vehicles.

I do not advocate doing anything that the state claims is illegal but I do advocate standing up and speaking out. Shouting at the top of your lungs if need be.

We will get what we want if we speak out and often.

These statutes are in place to restrict, control and persecute law abiding citizens.

Why do I say that you might ask.

Well, because the only law that needs to be in place is a single law that says if you are caught with a gun or using a gun in a crime of any kind, you will go to jail for X amount of time.

We already have laws concerning theft, murder etc. Why impose onerous statutes on the law abiding.

It is already illegal to shoot someone. Illegal to rob someone. Why all the rest.

What is up with that? No other excuse other than control and persecution. The same goes for the DNR. They are out of control and need to be reigned in. Starting with disbanding the board and putting the power back in the hands of all the people.

Whoa, got a little off topic here and I am sorry but I am passionate about this.
    Last edited by Kelevra; 12-27-2010 at 10:16 PM.

My brother from AZ recommends this holster...

I've checked out the link, and it seems a lil flimsy for the price. But anyways, my Bro from AZ reccomends this one. His exact words are, "Don't let the price stray your opinion,it's a good CCW holster for the money."
    He's been carrying with an AZ permit for a while using sed holster, and it seems to be working for him. I have my doubts, but coming from a person who lives in one of the last true free states in the union, I'd take it for what it's worth.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA928-33.html#Reviews

Price looks almost too good 2b true, It is leather, and it does seem to B sufficient for any smaller Semi auto/Wheel gun. Anybody have any experience with this particular holster?

-Landose-

PS-Not trying to highjack ur thread OP,just adding the above for commentary.
    Last edited by Landose_theghost; 12-28-2010 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Landose_theghost View Post
    I've checked out the link, and it seems a lil flimsy for the price. But anyways, my Bro from AZ reccomends this one. His exact words are, "Don't let the price stray your opinion,it's a good CCW holster for the money."
    He's been carrying with an AZ permit for a while using sed holster, and it seems to be working for him. I have my doubts, but coming from a person who lives in one of the last true free states in the union, I'd take it for what it's worth.

Price looks almost too good 2b true, It is leather, and it does seem to B sufficient for any smaller Semi auto/Wheel gun. Anybody have any experience with this particular holster?

-Landose-

No worries, Great commentary. Thank you!

-Landose-

My 2 cents on this holster, or others like it is I don't like holsters that collapse when the gun is drawn.

What kind of gun are you going to be carrying? Full sized, compact, sub-compact, or ultra-compact (.380 pocket type gun)??

Do you have a preference of IWB, OWB, SOB or shoulder?
    Last edited by Archangel; 12-28-2010 at 11:21 AM.

This one is mine: http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=61. At the time, I didn't think about getting a leather one, like this one: http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95.

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight View Post
    I leave the borders of the Dairy State and the Land of Lincoln where I can legally carry in accordance with my non-resident carry permit...... Besides, when was the last time you were patted down for speeding?
    Chicago
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Chicago
    That's why I mentioned the Land of Lincoln (state of Il) along with WI....
    I have never been patted down there either..

I have a CrossBreed on order. I am hoping it is as nice as they are supposed to be.

I have a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB holster in the horse hide for my MP40c. Works great, fits nice, its comfortable and just all around is a quality product. My brother CC's his XDm 40 down in Florida with one every day.

For ladies, a thigh holster:

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Was there a holster in the video? Must have gotten distracted....
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Milt Sparks

Hard to say without knowing what type of firearm you plan on carrying. That said the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 is worth the 6 month wait for in the waistband holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Was there a holster in the video? Must have gotten distracted....
    A very pretty lady indeed. I think I'm in love!

I will be getting an inside the waist band holster for summer carry, maybe a small of back holster too & a Shoulder rig for winter carry when wearing a jacket
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

-Landose-

I do have one of these holsters and the best I can tell you is that it will do in a pinch. Overall to flimsy for me, there are better out there.
    Last edited by johnny amish; 12-28-2010 at 07:29 PM.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

The Smith and Wesson body guard is a good one for a 380. All leather, hides the outline and reversable for either pocket.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Smith-Wesson-Bod...item336273493c
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
    Looking for a concealment holster... I have not used one and have been told the SOB is not a good choice. Don't think I want to go with a shoulder holster. IWB sounds good as I can wear it about where my OC holster is located now.

Anybody know of a good quality holster they can recommend from personal experience?

Thank you in advance.

I make custom holsters. Kydex/Hybrids for concealed carry and open carry. I can make an SOB, IWB, or Crossdraw, I can make one or two or a combo SOB (small of the back) Dual holster. Either IWB or Belt style.

My web site is here: http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Nothing wrong with what the other guys recommended, just thought I'd let you know I make 'em too. Good luck in your search.

Before constitutional carry became law in AZ I used to conceal carry with a Supertuck. I really like it. After constitutional carry went into effect. I just wore a Blackhawk and had an untucked shirt cover it. Now that I live in Wisconsin, I don't think the Blackhawk would be a good idea. It would "print" with light clothing on and the gun would sometimes come into view.
    Last edited by 1FASTC4; 12-29-2010 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    Before constitutional carry became law in AZ I used to conceal carry with a Supertuck. I really like it. After constitutional carry went into effect. I just wore a Blackhawk and had an untucked shirt cover it. Now that I live in Wisconsin, I don't think the Blackhawk would be a good idea. It would "print" with light clothing on and the gun would sometimes come into view.
    If we get constitutional carry a print would be a non-issue.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast