• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What holster for concealment???

hardballer

Looking for a concealment holster... I have not used one and have been told the SOB is not a good choice. Don't think I want to go with a shoulder holster. IWB sounds good as I can wear it about where my OC holster is located now.

Anybody know of a good quality holster they can recommend from personal experience?

Thank you in advance.

I make custom holsters. Kydex/Hybrids for concealed carry and open carry. I can make an SOB, IWB, or Crossdraw, I can make one or two or a combo SOB (small of the back) Dual holster. Either IWB or Belt style.

My web site is here: http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Nothing wrong with what the other guys recommended, just thought I'd let you know I make 'em too. Good luck in your search.

1FASTC4

Before constitutional carry became law in AZ I used to conceal carry with a Supertuck. I really like it. After constitutional carry went into effect. I just wore a Blackhawk and had an untucked shirt cover it. Now that I live in Wisconsin, I don't think the Blackhawk would be a good idea. It would "print" with light clothing on and the gun would sometimes come into view.

Last edited:

johnny amish

Before constitutional carry became law in AZ I used to conceal carry with a Supertuck. I really like it. After constitutional carry went into effect. I just wore a Blackhawk and had an untucked shirt cover it. Now that I live in Wisconsin, I don't think the Blackhawk would be a good idea. It would "print" with light clothing on and the gun would sometimes come into view.

If we get constitutional carry a print would be a non-issue.

protias

How do you know? She does not show her face. :p
Nevermind, I was thinking of the MSNBC thread. You are right, she does not show her face in that video, but you do see it shortly in one of her other videos.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
For cc I use and highly recommend the Milt Sparks "Summer Special" holster. I've been wearing mine the past few days and have worn it comfortably during extended West Coast road trips.

Order now my friends, because there may be a waiting time for the model you need for your gun.

Mugenlude

Campaign Veteran
I have tried a couple IWB holsters (not a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 though) and have settled on the Comp-Tac CTAC with all of my Glock pistols. I like how adjustable it is. The CTAC can be found regularly for about $50 used on several firearm forum classifieds.

Due to all of the great reviews on the MS VM2 I really want to get one, however, the cost is 2-3x more used than the CTAC and there is a long wait for a new one... used ones go for the same price as a new holster (~$120). I'm tempted to just order one now, by the time I get it I might be able to use it everyday... if I don't like it I can pretty much sell it at no lose.

Abraxxas

Last summer I ordered a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe for my PT145 in horsehide and I must say it is a very nice, very comfortable IWB holster. The retention is perfect, the dimple in the trigger guard area holds well, I can shake it upside down with a full clip over my bed and the gun will not fall out. Very adjustable too, for both ride height and fore/aft cant. It is the only concealment holster I have besides some Uncle Mikes softie's for a "pocket gun" I have so I havent had much experience with them but I will say that I love it so far. I like the formed kydex, when you remove the weapon your belt doesnt squash the holster closed so it is very easy to re-holster.

Passive101

I have worked with Smart Carry and Comp-Tac and both offer excellent holsters. The Smart Carry is great for deep concealment for sub compact and pocket guns. CTAC and MTACs are great for others.

There are several other competitors as well.