Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Good Morning America" Anti-Gun Piece with Colin Goddard "Living for 32."

"Good Morning America" Anti-Gun Piece with Colin Goddard "Living for 32."

Video shows the Showplace on Mechanicsville Turnpike in Virginia. Get ready for the Brady's to be up to their ol' tricks again in the G.A. this year.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/scho...fight-12483987

I like how he goes 'undercover' and 'exposes' {gasp} law-abiding citizens conducting legal actions! OMG!!!!!
    Last edited by PaulX608; 12-27-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Angry

I started watching this "expose" and had to change the channel I was about to vomit.

"But you're not anti-gun?

"No, absolutely not, I have shot guns many times".

You know what Colin? If even ONE of your classmates had been armed that day, maybe all of you would be alive.

But school policy disarmed you and Cho got his guns from an FFL. Your logic is full of holes.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    If even ONE of your classmates had been armed that day, maybe all of you would be alive.
    well said.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

*stands and applauds*

Quote Originally Posted by Jonton View Post
    *stands and applauds*
    Minus the "conceal" part.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    I started watching this "expose" and had to change the channel I was about to vomit.

"But you're not anti-gun?

"No, absolutely not, I have shot guns many times".

You know what Colin? If even ONE of your classmates had been armed that day, maybe all of you would be alive.

But school policy disarmed you and Cho got his guns from an FFL. Your logic is full of holes.
    That's not exactly what I said, but since it would surely get repeated by the anti's....I'll leave it to your imagination

BTW, last year we discussed going after the Brady sting operations and we've kept the details quiet, but I think you'll see the Gunshow sting people going to jail if they try it this year at the wrong places.

The last I heard of were some New Yorkers trying at the Show Place. They were run off.

Yall come see us again this year Colin...ya hear!
    Last edited by peter nap; 12-28-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Did we ever figure out for sure whether the "one gun a month" limit applied to private sales?

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Did we ever figure out for sure whether the "one gun a month" limit applied to private sales?

TFred
    http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm

At the bottom:

What are the laws concerning the private sale of a handgun?

To privately sell a firearm, it is recommended that you safeguard information pertaining to the transaction such as the date the firearm was sold, the complete name and address of the buyer, and the make, model, and serial number of the firearm. The seller and buyer of a handgun must be a resident of the state in which the transfer occurs. Additionally, Virginia’s handgun purchase limitation applies in private transactions. Refer to http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_...ePurchase.shtm for additional information on multiple handgun purchases. Should the firearm ever be located at a crime scene, trace of the firearm will determine the licensed dealer who last sold the firearm and will identify the last buyer of the firearm. To have your name removed from this process, you may consider placing your firearm on consignment with a licensed dealer. This will also ensure that the firearm is transferred only to a lawfully eligible individual.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulX608 View Post
    I like how he goes 'undercover' and 'exposes' {gasp} law-abiding citizens conducting legal actions! OMG!!!!!

GASP* the horrors!!

He said ?"enforce the laws" well let teachers carry guns, no one will get hurt. How many school shootings do you hear of? how many gun range mass shootings do you hear of???

"oh boy so easily to get it like that" well, I can buy a KBAR at the store no background check.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 12-28-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm

At the bottom:

To privately sell a firearm, it is recommended that you safeguard information pertaining to the transaction such as the date the firearm was sold, the complete name and address of the buyer, and the make, model, and serial number of the firearm. The seller and buyer of a handgun must be a resident of the state in which the transfer occurs. Additionally, Virginia’s handgun purchase limitation applies in private transactions. Refer to http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_...ePurchase.shtm for additional information on multiple handgun purchases. Should the firearm ever be located at a crime scene, trace of the firearm will determine the licensed dealer who last sold the firearm and will identify the last buyer of the firearm. To have your name removed from this process, you may consider placing your firearm on consignment with a licensed dealer. This will also ensure that the firearm is transferred only to a lawfully eligible individual.
    Well, to be blunt, I don't really care what the State Police opinion is... I remember a while back we were discussing what the law said, and I don't recall that we ever found anywhere in the code that said the one-per-month applied to any transaction other than through a licensed dealer. I could be wrong, but that is why I'm asking the question.

TFred

Funny, You never hear of a ‘mass shooting’ at a gun range. But all to common in ‘gun free zones’ schools, malls. Yet they still blame ‘guns’ not the "gun free zones"

^ those are my words.

Well its, very very rare.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 12-28-2010 at 02:43 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Funny, You never hear of a ‘mass shooting’ at a gun range.
    (psssst - on'tday ingbray upway ootingshay onway ethay ungay angeray)
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I am not pro guns - I am pro Liberty!!!

I am not pro guns - I am pro Liberty!!!

Yeah right. Do you think we could pull it off? Not a chance. Such a shame that they cannot give any sort of balance to their reporting.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

The law is clear

Long time lurker, finally decided to join.
    Well, to be blunt, I don't really care what the State Police opinion is... I remember a while back we were discussing what the law said, and I don't recall that we ever found anywhere in the code that said the one-per-month applied to any transaction other than through a licensed dealer. I could be wrong, but that is why I'm asking the question.

TFred
    The law is actually quite clear on this. Section 18.2-308(P) is where you find the handgun purchase limitation. It says (in part):

P. Except as provided in subdivisions 1, 2, and 3 of this subsection, it shall be unlawful for any person who is not a licensed firearms dealer to purchase more than one handgun within any 30-day period. A violation of this subsection shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.

2. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to:

i. A person who purchases a handgun in a private sale. For purposes of this subdivision, a private sale means purchase from a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection of curios or relics as herein defined, or who sells all or part of such collection of curios and relics;
    As 18.2-308(P)(2)(h) is where is includes the exemption for a CHP holder, and that is unambiguous, then it should similarly be unambiguous that a private sale is exempted from the limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by grylnsmn View Post
    i. A person who purchases a handgun in a private sale. For purposes of this subdivision, a private sale means purchase from a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection of curios or relics as herein defined, or who sells all or part of such collection of curios and relics;
    As 18.2-308(P)(2)(h) is where is includes the exemption for a CHP holder, and that is unambiguous, then it should similarly be unambiguous that a private sale is exempted from the limitation.
    Oh yeah... it's flooding back to me now...

The question was whether or not this particular private sale exemption only applied to curios and relics. The grammar of the "For purposes of..." sentence is not the best it could be.

ETA: If we analyze the sentence, we see two uses of the word "who", which we can probably assume is the person from whom one must purchase in order for the exemption to apply. The first use says:

"who makes occasional sales, exchanges or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection of curios or relics as herein defined"

The second use says:

"who sells all or part of such collection of curios and relics"

In both cases, it would appear that the exemption applies only to curios and relics...

If it weren't for the use of "who", one might consider the first phrase "makes occasional sales" to be separate from the rest of that sentence that clearly references curios and relics. But I believe the use of the "who" shows that to be an incorrect interpretation.

TFred
    Last edited by TFred; 12-28-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Sentence structure analysis / fix "from whom"

Well, in hopes of clearing it up a little, I've emailed them at their contact email (firearms@vsp.virginia.gov), saying the following:

Subject: Clarification of a statement on your website

Body:
    On your page about firearms at http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms.shtm it states:

My question specifically relates to the statement "Additionally, Virginia's handgun purchase limitation applies in private transactions". In Section 18.2-308(P)(2)(i) it states: "The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to ... A person who purchases a handgun in a private sale." (Source: http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...d+18.2-308.2C2 as it was linked to by your site.)

As section 18.2-308(P) is the handgun purchase limitation, and section 18.2-308(P)(2)(i) explicitly exempts private sales, I believe that the statement on your website is in error. If you are not referring to the limitation in section 18.2-308(P), then you may want to update your page to clarify what handgun purchase limitation you mean.

Thank you for your time.
    With any luck, they will reply and either clarify what they mean there, or remove the text from their site.
    Last edited by grylnsmn; 12-28-2010 at 03:25 PM.

"The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at
    90 MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the
    speed limit to 20."
    ––SAM COHEN
    Last edited by nova; 12-28-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    speed limit to 20."
    ––SAM COHEN
    They have nearly literally applied this concept in Virginia Beach.

Along Shore Drive there are a number of, ahem, "bars". Some drunken idiot was crossing the street, got hit and killed. Maybe it was a couple of people, I do not recall 100%.

Anyway, the speed limit was 45mph. Has been for fifty years or more. As a result of a drunken idiot walking in front of a speeding car the speed limit from First Landing to Pleasure House Road is now 35mph.

This has created additional congestion and signal delays and increased travel time for anyone utilizing that corridor. I do not know if any lives have been saved, but I do know that another idiot was hit crossing Atlantic Avenue near 9th Street in a similar state of inebriation and was killed just as dead - and the speed limit there is 25.

The point? ALL government is reactionary.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    speed limit to 20."
    ––SAM COHEN
    I don't know the original author, but it is lately used as a signature text by someone who goes by the username "oldnoob" on various forums...

I've never seen it quite so succinctly put as this:

"Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun."

TFred

I don't know the original author, but it is lately used as a signature text by someone who goes by the username "oldnoob" on various forums...

I've never seen it quite so succinctly put as this:
    "Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun."
    TFred
    Thanks TFred mind if I put that in my signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_shadow View Post
    Thanks TFred mind if I put that in my signature?
    I was just reporting it from where I saw it myself... I don't have any say in who else uses it! You might be able to track down Oldnoob and see if he'll reveal it's source.

TFred

Ran across this Gun Rights Examiner article on this subject today:

Just what does someone have to do for ABC to consider him ‘anti-gun’?

Worth the read.

TFred

Excellent read

Ran across this Gun Rights Examiner article on this subject today:

Just what does someone have to do for ABC to consider him ‘anti-gun’?

Worth the read.

TFred
    Yes, great link; I read the GRE this morning.

Telling quote:

“I'm so glad that you're doing well and you’re doing the work…that you are doing, Colin.”
    - Robin Roberts

Fair and objective? Hardly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast