Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm and Fleet in Oak Creek Posted

Farm and Fleet in Oak Creek Posted

I know there was a thread about Farm and Fleet being anti but, I have never seen Farm and fleet posted before. I heard that they had a sign inside the store and when I looked I couldn't find it. Stopped over today and I almost missed this as its posted on the inner doors and not well marked.

I still didn't see a metal detector so I'm unsure of how they are going to enforce this policy with criminals . I'm going to assume Farm and Fleet is guaranteeing my safety since they have a "Weapons free Environment/Customers".

McX
    they forgot to add at the bottom of the sign: Brought to you by the politically correct left.

if they're so damn weapons free why do they sell ammo and related items?
    Last edited by McX; 12-27-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    they forgot to add at the bottom of the sign: Brought to you by the politically correct left.

if they're so damn weapons free why do they sell ammo and related items?
    That sign is a warning sign to shop elsewhere. I am putting a letter together to send to corporate.

McX
    if they RESPECTED your right, they would allow and accept it. liars.

i wonder if they will enforce that on the cops too.

i think i'll post that sign at the shop on say April 1st, then add at the bottom: APRIL FOOLS!
    Last edited by McX; 12-27-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: more thoughts

Man, that was one of my favorite places. Oh well. Their inventory sucks now anyway.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

What a bunch of crap, wonder how they plan on stopping the concealed carriers when the law passes?
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    What a bunch of crap, wonder how they plan on stopping the concealed carriers when the law passes?
    out of sight out of mind, gun? what gun? ignorance is bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Man, that was one of my favorite places. Oh well. Their inventory sucks now anyway.
    I've noticed that too.

the sign doesnt exempt LEOs...they definately fit into the intent of the sign...would like to hang out there some time and badger management for enforcement as soon as i see an LEO enter the store...

McX
    I'll make up a new sign for them:

Policy
    defense free environment/criminals

we dont respect your right to carry a firearm, even though your law abiding. however this place is a leftist politically correct defense free environment. so we ask you to keep your gun in your car- where it's of no use to you while you spend your money in our store, cause all we give a damn about is your money, not your ass. we appreciate your money and hope you'll be foolish enough to keep spending it here.

out of sight out of mind, gun? what gun? ignorance is bliss.
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelevra View Post
    That sign is a warning sign to shop elsewhere.
    I respect their right to opperate their buisness as they see fit, I hope they respect my right to take their profits elsewhere. I also will be writing a letter to corporate to let them know that I will not shop in a gun free victim zone.
    Last edited by johnny amish; 12-27-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

I'll make up a new sign for them:

Policy
    defense free environment/criminals

we dont respect your right to carry a firearm, even though your law abiding. however this place is a leftist politically correct defense free environment. so we ask you to keep your gun in your car- where it's of no use to you while you spend your money in our store, cause all we give a damn about is your money, not your ass. we appreciate your money and hope you'll be foolish enough to keep spending it here.
    Excellent idea. Mind if I include this quote in my letter?

McX
    Excellent idea. Mind if I include this quote in my letter?
    tell you what, get in touch with the brethren, PM me- and anyone else who wants in on this, and you can add my real name to any letter you send!

Copy that McX, Will do.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    I know there was a thread about Farm and Fleet being anti but, I have never seen Farm and fleet posted before. I heard that they had a sign inside the store and when I looked I couldn't find it. Stopped over today and I almost missed this as its posted on the inner doors and not well marked.

Thanks Jason,
    I have had to use them on occasion.I looked for signs and posting but was never able to spot any.

Kelevera,
    PM comin at ya.

LR Yote
    Last edited by LR Yote 312; 12-27-2010 at 10:41 PM.
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post

I still didn't see a metal detector so I'm unsure of how they are going to enforce this policy with criminals . I'm going to assume Farm and Fleet is guaranteeing my safety since they have a "Weapons free Environment/Customers".
    I'm glad they are ASKING us to leave our weapons in our vehicle and they are not TELLING us we have to leave them in our vehicle! No where on the sign says "NO GUNS ALLOWED" even though I don't get down there to often anymore I'll carry there till they throw me out then shop elsewhere.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    I'm glad they are ASKING us to leave our weapons in our vehicle and they are not TELLING us we have to leave them in our vehicle! No where on the sign says "NO GUNS ALLOWED" even though I don't get down there to often anymore I'll carry there till they throw me out then shop elsewhere.
    Nads of steel!

Nads of steel!
    or may be just soot for brains! I like Mills Fleet Farm better anyway !screw em
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Letter to Blain's

Letter to Blain's

Blain's Farm & Fleet
    Blain Supply, Inc.
    PO Box 391
    Janesville, WI
    53547-0391

To whom it may concern,

This letter is in response to a sign found in your Oak Creek store window.

__________________________________________________ __
    “Policy

Weapons Free Evironment/Customers. (spelling error BF&F)

“We respect your right to carry a firearm in accordance with State and Federal law.
    However, Farm and Fleet is a weapons free environment and we ask you to leave your weapon in your vehicle while shopping at our store.
    We appreciate your business and hope you continue to shop with us.”

Below that sign is another that says; "We Welcome Your Check."

I can guarantee you that your stores in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, will lose customers because of your ill considered weapons policy.

I am giving you three business days from receipt of this letter before launching a boycott campaign against your stores everywhere.

Your policy is ludicrous. What you have done by putting that sign up is alerted the criminal element in this world to the fact that you are ripe for all manner of mayhem. The sign might just as well say, “Terrorists Welcome” Or “Robbers Welcome, guns are available in the parking lot” Instead; it says: LAW ABIDING, AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE NOT WELCOME.

Your sad attempt to placate the “Liberal Left” has left a sour taste in my mouth for Blain's and I will take special pains to let all my friends know about your anti-American behavior. I have friends in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. You need to take me seriously because I have the power of the internet, the 1st Amendment and thousands of friends in organizations in three states.

You have an ill conceived policy guiding you. Who do you think will win this little tussle. I haven't even mentioned the picketing of your stores state wide in the spring, fund raisers highlighting your incredibly myopic policy, over 100 people at the last place we picketed. We have thousands of members in three states who will not shop at your stores and will be more than happy to travel hundreds of miles just for the opportunity to stand up for their rights. And that's the short story.

Further, you may consider that you picked a bad time to put your profits in jeopardy.

We are not a bunch of do nothings and have been down this road before. I belong to several Statewide Organizations that will love to get involved. The bottom line for you is that we will definitely affect your profit margin. Organizations including Wisconsin Carry Inc., ICarry.Org. of Illinois and the Iowa Firearms Coalition. I will not hesitate to explain in detail, including pictures, just what you anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment, anti-American policy is. This is not a trifle. There are just too many other choices to shop. Thanks for making the decision easy for us. No price comparison necessary, we just shop elsewhere. Believe you me, you will feel it monetarily.

All I am asking from you is that you simply FOLLOW WISCONSIN STATE LAW. Period. Get rid of the sign and follow state law concerning Open Carry. That or you may find yourself in court, explaining why you allowed criminals to carry weapons in your store, possibly assaulting someone with a weapon they you allowed to be stolen from a vehicle out in the parking lot. I am quite sure you have no security or metal detectors in place and you cannot guarantee the safety of your customers but you are willing to put them at risk by banning honest, law abiding citizens the right to protect themselves. Criminals do not obey; let alone read, signs or store policies. Especially signs that are misspelled. That is why we call them criminals.

Thank You for your kind consideration.

(Real names and cities are listed here.)
    I will send tomorrow so if you want your real name and city listed, PM me.

Looks Good to me.
    Beats my writing skills

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Centurion
    Letter to Blain's

Blain's Farm & Fleet
    Blain Supply, Inc.
    PO Box 391
    Janesville, WI
    53547-0391

To whom it may concern,

This letter is in response to a sign found in your Oak Creek store window.

“Policy

Weapons Free Evironment/Customers. (spelling error BF&F)

“We respect your right to carry a firearm in accordance with State and Federal law.
    However, Farm and Fleet is a weapons free environment and we ask you to leave your weapon in your vehicle while shopping at our store.
    We appreciate your business and hope you continue to shop with us.”

Below that sign is another that says; "We Welcome Your Check."

I can guarantee you that your stores in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, will lose customers because of your ill considered weapons policy.

I am giving you three business days from receipt of this letter before launching a boycott campaign against your stores everywhere.

Your policy is ludicrous. What you have done by putting that sign up is alerted the criminal element in this world to the fact that you are ripe for all manner of mayhem. The sign might just as well say, “Terrorists Welcome” Or “Robbers Welcome, guns are available in the parking lot” Instead; it says: LAW ABIDING, AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE NOT WELCOME.

Your sad attempt to placate the “Liberal Left” has left a sour taste in my mouth for Blain's and I will take special pains to let all my friends know about your anti-American behavior. I have friends in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. You need to take me seriously because I have the power of the internet, the 1st Amendment and thousands of friends in organizations in three states.

You have an ill conceived policy guiding you. Who do you think will win this little tussle. I haven't even mentioned the picketing of your stores state wide in the spring, fund raisers highlighting your incredibly myopic policy, over 100 people at the last place we picketed. We have thousands of members in three states who will not shop at your stores and will be more than happy to travel hundreds of miles just for the opportunity to stand up for their rights. And that's the short story.

Further, you may consider that you picked a bad time to put your profits in jeopardy.

We are not a bunch of do nothings and have been down this road before. I belong to several Statewide Organizations that will love to get involved. The bottom line for you is that we will definitely affect your profit margin. Organizations including Wisconsin Carry Inc., ICarry.Org. of Illinois and the Iowa Firearms Coalition. I will not hesitate to explain in detail, including pictures, just what you anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment, anti-American policy is. This is not a trifle. There are just too many other choices to shop. Thanks for making the decision easy for us. No price comparison necessary, we just shop elsewhere. Believe you me, you will feel it monetarily.

All I am asking from you is that you simply FOLLOW WISCONSIN STATE LAW. Period. Get rid of the sign and follow state law concerning Open Carry. That or you may find yourself in court, explaining why you allowed criminals to carry weapons in your store, possibly assaulting someone with a weapon they you allowed to be stolen from a vehicle out in the parking lot. I am quite sure you have no security or metal detectors in place and you cannot guarantee the safety of your customers but you are willing to put them at risk by banning honest, law abiding citizens the right to protect themselves. Criminals do not obey; let alone read, signs or store policies. Especially signs that are misspelled. That is why we call them criminals.

Thank You for your kind consideration.

(Real names and cities are listed here.)
    I will send tomorrow so if you want your real name and city listed, PM me.
    Suggested corrections as a start if you want them to take you seriously:
    I can guarantee you that your stores in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, (lose the last comma)
    What you have done by putting that sign up is alerted (change to "alerting") the criminal element
    Who do you think will win this little tussle. (change this . to a ?)
    I will not hesitate to explain in detail, including pictures, just what you (your) anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment,
    possibly assaulting someone with a weapon they (change to "that") you allowed

I am sure with additional proofreading that additional changes MAY be suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Suggested corrections as a start if you want them to take you seriously:
    I can guarantee you that your stores in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, (lose the last comma)
    What you have done by putting that sign up is alerted (change to "alerting") the criminal element
    Who do you think will win this little tussle. (change this . to a ?)
    I will not hesitate to explain in detail, including pictures, just what you (your) anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment,
    possibly assaulting someone with a weapon they (change to "that") you allowed

I am sure with additional proofreading that additional changes MAY be suggested.

I think the word 'have' controls which form of the world alert I use. Have alerted, are alerting... Not certain but I think that's how it works. The rest is good. Thanks Joe.
    Last edited by Kelevra; 12-28-2010 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    the sign doesnt exempt LEOs...they definately fit into the intent of the sign...would like to hang out there some time and badger management for enforcement as soon as i see an LEO enter the store...
    That sign is not an ordinance or statute so they can exempt anyone without changing thier sign.

Bummer, I was planning to go to FF in Hallie in 2 weeks planning to spend over $1000 on my truck and a few other things. But if there is a sign there, then I will not spend a penny.

Keep us informed what Corp. response is. I PM'd you my name, not that it's a secret anyway.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast