• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Farm and Fleet in Oak Creek Posted

JoeSparky

Centurion
Letter to Blain's

Blain's Farm & Fleet
Blain Supply, Inc.
PO Box 391
Janesville, WI
53547-0391

To whom it may concern,

This letter is in response to a sign found in your Oak Creek store window.

Weapons Free Evironment/Customers. (spelling error BF&F)

“We respect your right to carry a firearm in accordance with State and Federal law.
However, Farm and Fleet is a weapons free environment and we ask you to leave your weapon in your vehicle while shopping at our store.
We appreciate your business and hope you continue to shop with us.”

Below that sign is another that says; "We Welcome Your Check."

I can guarantee you that your stores in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, will lose customers because of your ill considered weapons policy.

I am giving you three business days from receipt of this letter before launching a boycott campaign against your stores everywhere.

Your policy is ludicrous. What you have done by putting that sign up is alerted the criminal element in this world to the fact that you are ripe for all manner of mayhem. The sign might just as well say, “Terrorists Welcome” Or “Robbers Welcome, guns are available in the parking lot” Instead; it says: LAW ABIDING, AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE NOT WELCOME.

Your sad attempt to placate the “Liberal Left” has left a sour taste in my mouth for Blain's and I will take special pains to let all my friends know about your anti-American behavior. I have friends in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. You need to take me seriously because I have the power of the internet, the 1st Amendment and thousands of friends in organizations in three states.

You have an ill conceived policy guiding you. Who do you think will win this little tussle. I haven't even mentioned the picketing of your stores state wide in the spring, fund raisers highlighting your incredibly myopic policy, over 100 people at the last place we picketed. We have thousands of members in three states who will not shop at your stores and will be more than happy to travel hundreds of miles just for the opportunity to stand up for their rights. And that's the short story.

Further, you may consider that you picked a bad time to put your profits in jeopardy.

We are not a bunch of do nothings and have been down this road before. I belong to several Statewide Organizations that will love to get involved. The bottom line for you is that we will definitely affect your profit margin. Organizations including Wisconsin Carry Inc., ICarry.Org. of Illinois and the Iowa Firearms Coalition. I will not hesitate to explain in detail, including pictures, just what you anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment, anti-American policy is. This is not a trifle. There are just too many other choices to shop. Thanks for making the decision easy for us. No price comparison necessary, we just shop elsewhere. Believe you me, you will feel it monetarily.

All I am asking from you is that you simply FOLLOW WISCONSIN STATE LAW. Period. Get rid of the sign and follow state law concerning Open Carry. That or you may find yourself in court, explaining why you allowed criminals to carry weapons in your store, possibly assaulting someone with a weapon they you allowed to be stolen from a vehicle out in the parking lot. I am quite sure you have no security or metal detectors in place and you cannot guarantee the safety of your customers but you are willing to put them at risk by banning honest, law abiding citizens the right to protect themselves. Criminals do not obey; let alone read, signs or store policies. Especially signs that are misspelled. That is why we call them criminals.

Thank You for your kind consideration.

(Real names and cities are listed here.)
I will send tomorrow so if you want your real name and city listed, PM me.

Suggested corrections as a start if you want them to take you seriously:
I can guarantee you that your stores in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, (lose the last comma)
What you have done by putting that sign up is alerted (change to "alerting") the criminal element
Who do you think will win this little tussle. (change this . to a ?)
I will not hesitate to explain in detail, including pictures, just what you (your) anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment,
possibly assaulting someone with a weapon they (change to "that") you allowed

I am sure with additional proofreading that additional changes MAY be suggested.

Kelevra

Suggested corrections as a start if you want them to take you seriously:
I can guarantee you that your stores in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, (lose the last comma)
What you have done by putting that sign up is alerted (change to "alerting") the criminal element
Who do you think will win this little tussle. (change this . to a ?)
I will not hesitate to explain in detail, including pictures, just what you (your) anti-gun, anti-2nd amendment,
possibly assaulting someone with a weapon they (change to "that") you allowed

I am sure with additional proofreading that additional changes MAY be suggested.

I think the word 'have' controls which form of the world alert I use. Have alerted, are alerting... Not certain but I think that's how it works. The rest is good. Thanks Joe.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

the sign doesnt exempt LEOs...they definately fit into the intent of the sign...would like to hang out there some time and badger management for enforcement as soon as i see an LEO enter the store...

That sign is not an ordinance or statute so they can exempt anyone without changing thier sign.

BROKENSPROKET

Bummer, I was planning to go to FF in Hallie in 2 weeks planning to spend over $1000 on my truck and a few other things. But if there is a sign there, then I will not spend a penny.

Keep us informed what Corp. response is. I PM'd you my name, not that it's a secret anyway.

range rat

I know there was a thread about Farm and Fleet being anti but, I have never seen Farm and fleet posted before. I heard that they had a sign inside the store and when I looked I couldn't find it. Stopped over today and I almost missed this as its posted on the inner doors and not well marked.

FarmandFleetNoFirearmsSign.jpg

I still didn't see a metal detector so I'm unsure of how they are going to enforce this policy with criminals :uhoh:. I'm going to assume Farm and Fleet is guaranteeing my safety since they have a "Weapons free Environment/Customers".

This Sucks, I used to shop there.[ Key Words USED TO ] you can bet those two pairs of Gloves I got for xmass will be going back this morning..

HandyHamlet

I think the word 'have' controls which form of the world alert I use. Have alerted, are alerting... Not certain but I think that's how it works. The rest is good. Thanks Joe.

Constructive criticism and with all due respect. :D

Well thought out letter but you missed one point. The chimp on the receiving end of your letter will have his cranium buried deep. It will not have the time or wherewithal to comprehend your point.

A simple and direct one or two sentence letter is all you need.

Dear Chimp,
In light of your recently posted firearms free environment policy my friends, family, and I will no longer support your establishment.

Thank you for your time,

Bill S. Preston, Esq.

Former lifetime Farm and Filet customer
Member WC,INc founding member
Open Carry member
NRA member
Human Race member

Just my 2 cents.

:cool:

Kelevra

Bummer, I was planning to go to FF in Hallie in 2 weeks planning to spend over $1000 on my truck and a few other things. But if there is a sign there, then I will not spend a penny.

Keep us informed what Corp. response is. I PM'd you my name, not that it's a secret anyway.
Will do.

This Sucks, I used to shop there.[ Key Words USED TO ] you can bet those two pairs of Gloves I got for xmass will be going back this morning..
Yup.

Constructive criticism and with all due respect. :D

Well thought out letter but you missed one point. The chimp on the receiving end of your letter will have his cranium buried deep. It will not have the time or wherewithal to comprehend your point.

A simple and direct one or two sentence letter is all you need.

Dear Chimp,
In light of your recently posted firearms free environment policy my friends, family, and I will no longer support your establishment.

Thank you for your time,

Bill S. Preston, Esq.

Former lifetime Farm and Filet customer
Member WC,INc founding member
Open Carry member
NRA member
Human Race member

Just my 2 cents.

:cool:
Thank you. I think you are correct. Just as I think there is more than one way to do a thing. This one will go in print and via email. I would like to send yours too if you don't mind. They should be inundated with a veritable avalanche of email and snail mail concerning this issue. The more the merrier.

Yippi-Ki-Yah... Well Ya'all know the rest!

HandyHamlet

Will do.
I would like to send yours too if you don't mind.

By all means.

Might want to change "establishment" to something more snazzy though. I believe I will fire off a letter as well.

What a waste. I mean where else could you buy a Hi-Lift Jack over the counter...?

Mlutz

Will do.

Yup.

Thank you. I think you are correct. Just as I think there is more than one way to do a thing. This one will go in print and via email. I would like to send yours too if you don't mind. They should be inundated with a veritable avalanche of email and snail mail concerning this issue. The more the merrier.

Yippi-Ki-Yah... Well Ya'all know the rest!

We already did this... Then thy posted the sign... I really dont think they are going to change this time around either...

Kelevra

We already did this... Then thy posted the sign... I really dont think they are going to change this time around either...

Well, I am not one to give in easily, they are wrong and they will change. Period.

M

McX

you'll never guess what i got for Christmas....................a farm and fleet gift card............dang it!

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
I will make the following suggestion to add to any letter sent:

Leaving the firearm posses a GREATER risk to the public than carrying it on my person. Law enforcement in almost every municipality in Wisconsin urges AGAINST leaving firearms in vehicles as that makes it easier for the the criminal element to obtain.

It does not appear that Farm and Fleet has any security personnel in place to guarantee the safety of the patron's vehicle much less the patron in the store or the parking area.
I respectfully request Farm & Fleet adopt a policy like WalMart, Best Buy, Starbuck's, and thousands of other businesses have done. Until then, as a matter of practice and principle, I cannot support Farm & Fleet nor can I recommend any of my family, friends, or the thousands of members of our on-line gun rights group, support Farm & Fleet either, because of the stated policy.

Might catch more flies with honey than vinegar...

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
you'll never guess what i got for Christmas....................a farm and fleet gift card............dang it!

Take it to the store, and ask them to refund the cash because of the stated policy. I doubt they will, but it will get their attention...

Also, this is ONLY ONE store, might just be a scared manager.

M

McX

Take it to the store, and ask them to refund the cash because of the stated policy. I doubt they will, but it will get their attention...

Also, this is ONLY ONE store, might just be a scared manager.

Hubert, and kelevra, PM's sent. patience my brothers, we have a plan in the works, and will be speaking more of it in the near future, for now hold onto your wallets, and let's see where this goes.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
For a company that established customer loyality through the sales of ammo, gun supplies, gun safes, etc. and at one time I believe, sold firearms, to forbid their customers the right to bear arms in accordance with state law for protection is unconscionable.

The new owners (children of the founders) must have become residents of Madison.

Time to go for this one to go viral.

Post Farm & Fleet's attitute toward gun owners on every firearm forum you are a member of, let every hunting organization and gun club know.

Time for the NRA to send a letter to the the owners expressing concern about the company's lack of support for the 2nd Admendment.

Last edited: