• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC at CA community college -- who do I get written permission from?

Protoman2050

Hi!

I'm 19, and I'm somewhat confused about the UOC law with respect to universities. I was recently assaulted in broad daylight at Cerritos College, and I'm seriously considering UOCing our autoloading shotgun. I know the law requires I secure the written permission of an official authorized to authorize me to UOC. Who would that be? The president, the campus PD?

Obviously, I'd rather UOC a .357 magnum Ruger New Model Blackhawk revolver, but I'm not sure if you need to be 21 to possess it, or just 21 to buy it.

Thanks!

1245A Defender

wow!!!

45 minutes, and nobody from the caifornia forum
has answered this guys question???
you could at least say WOW!!!
repost this in your state forum, maybe youll get some action.
you need to be doing some serious studying about california gun laws.

RockerFor2A

Okay. I'll chime in. Don't bother. It'll be a frigid, frosty day in Hell when a school bureaucrat is going to sign off on you walking around campus with a shotgun. There is absolutely no upside from their POV.

Dreamer

You can write to the following address, but be advised that they ALL have about the same likelihood of a positive response as any CA State Government office, or any Educational Institution administrative office in CA:

Santa Clause
1 Christmas Street
North Pole

OR:

The Lord God
The Throne of the Universe
Heaven

OR:

Satan
The 9th Pit of Perdition
Hell

If you get ANY response at all, it will most likely be from the last address, because that address is most closely aligned with the California State government and the CA University system...

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Satan
The 9th Pit of Perdition
Hell

If you get ANY response at all, it will most likely be from the last address, because that address is most closely aligned with the California State government and the CA University system...

:lol:

All humor aside, on a more practical note, dig through your college handbook, dorm rules, admissions contract, and whatever other document to which you and the university might both be party.

If it's not expressly in there, look for catch-alls such as "The University reserves the right to modify the student rules at any time."

I think you'd have better luck obtaining a California CC permit, and considering those are exceptionally rare...

Tell you what: Study law, pass the bar, and after about 8 more years, run for state legislature. Then apply. Shouldn't be too difficult by then.

Oh! And don't forget your roots! If you haven't been killed as an unwillingly unarmed victim by then, please pay us a little tribute and return California to the free state (er, territory) it once was.

By the way, does anyone recall why California is so hard over against allowing honest, law-abiding citizens access to guns in the first place? It has to do with corruption from the highest level all the way down to the village idiot.

Very little has changed, actually, including the corrupt idiots.

The thing that has changed are the voices of the people continually raising issues involving unconstitutional infringments on the right to keep (own) and bear (carry) arms.