• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Here, Hi Y'all

sassy9138

So one of my best friends said this was a good site for me to get hooked into. I'm looking into information on OC/CC regulations, and I eventually want to purchase a firearm. I'm stationed at Fort Meade so anyone in that area that could help me with the process would be greatly appreciated.

oldbanger

Welcome, set awhile.

babiesdrinking.jpg

swinokur

Activist Member
MD has some of the most draconian firearms law in the country.No CC and no OC. Google MD code 4-203 to see MD firearms law. A lawsuit has been filed that challenges MD's very strict and unconstitutional requirements and process to get a permit. I think it may be 2-3 years before we get any judicial relief.

Welcome to the "Free state" and OCDO

:banghead:

Dreamer

MD has some of the most draconian firearms law in the country.No CC and no OC. Google MD code 4-203 to see MD firearms law. A lawsuit has been filed that challenges MD's very strict and unconstitutional requirements and process to get a permit. I think it may be 2-3 years before we get any judicial relief.

Welcome to the "Free state" and OCDO

:banghead:

Gee, I'm glad I didn't post that little bit of disninformation. It most likely would have been summarily censored...

In fact, MD DOES have OC and CC.

The State just requires you to have a MD Permit to Carry a Handgun. Getting a permit requires that the State Police decide that you have a "good and substantial reason" to carry, which usually means you have been a MAJOR contributor to the current Governor's campaigns, or you have been violently attacked more than once, survived the attacks, and have the police reports to back up your claim, and you are not "the wrong kind of person" (meaning you are wealthy and/or white and/or well-connected)...

There is nothing in MD statute that prohibits a MD-PCH holder from OCing. There are, however, several counties and municipalities that have codes on the books that prohibit "public display of a firearm", and therefore are not to friendly to OC by people who are lucky enough (or rich enough) to get PCH's.

CC with a Permit in MD is essentially unrestricted (if you have an "unrestricted" permit, meaning one that was not issued for your employment). You can carry in bars, restaurants, houses of worship, even State and local government buildings if they are not posted. Apparently, in MD, the MD State Police don't trust ANYONE from out-of-state to carry in their state (they have even harassed and attempted to arrest out-of-state LEOs carrying under LEOSA), but if you are a MD resident and can get a Permit, you essentially get "carte blanche" with regards to CC...

Welcome to MD--where they have the best Government, Police, and Courts that money can buy...

Last edited:

DocWest8404

Hey y'all... this is actually sassy, just happen to be sitting here with Doc on his account. Thanks for the info Dreamer. I think we might meet up tomorrow I'll be at the OC dinner in NC with Doc, and our kiddos.

Dreamer

Hey y'all... this is actually sassy, just happen to be sitting here with Doc on his account. Thanks for the info Dreamer. I think we might meet up tomorrow I'll be at the OC dinner in NC with Doc, and our kiddos.

I'll be there. I'll be the guy with the rosewood handled Para Ordnance in a tan Serpa...

It's good to finally be back in NC after a 2.5 week Christmas Break in the PRM.

Be careful visiting NC--you might not want to go back to Maryland... ;)

Major Sanders

messed up

Welcome, set awhile.

babiesdrinking.jpg

Your guys are some messed up people Ali Zeighani had to go to the hospital because he got glass in his foot and they gave him a drug to stop the pain and the drug was tested positive for alcohol so if i were you i would say sorry for all the **** you guys said to this guy :mad:

Dreamer

Your guys are some messed up people Ali Zeighani had to go to the hospital because he got glass in his foot and they gave him a drug to stop the pain and the drug was tested positive for alcohol so if i were you i would say sorry for all the **** you guys said to this guy :mad:

Is THAT the story they are giving the LEOs in MD?

Hmmm...

The way I saw it reported in the media, Cpl. Zeighani showed a BAC of .11 when they tested his blood at Shady Grove Adventist when they found him drunk in his CRUISER after he "fell asleep" at the wheel and smashed into a concrete barrier head-on.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/montgomery/rockville-city-police-charged.html

DUI charges were filed by Rockville PD. The responding officers plainly stated in their report they smelled alcohol on his breath. We're not making this up--this is from the police report, as reported in the Washington Post and other papers.

And the last time I looked, the ONLY drug that effects blood-alcohol content is ALCOHOL. So unless the EMT's gave Cpl. Zeighani a couple shots of Jack Daniels in the ambulance, your statement makes absolutely no medical, biological or pharmacological sense whatsoever.

If this were a "citizen", the mere CHARGE of a DUI in MD would mean an automatic revocation of his carry permit. And if he were to be convicted, that would mean he could probably never get a MD carry permit again, and would probably even hinder his ability to buy or possess a firearm in MD.

But because he is a cop, I'm sure he'll get a pass on those things, because, well, he's a cop, and this IS Maryland...

I don't care what sort of illustrious record of valor and bravery he has. He wrecked a cruiser because he was so hammered he passed out at the wheel. He is a hazard to public safety. His actions were grossly irresponsible, and a direct violation of his Oath, department policy and the Criminal and Civil Codes of Maryland. There is NO excuse for this sort of behavior in ANY person, let alone an officer of the law.

We can only pray that he is stripped of his badge and rank, and that he is shunned by ALL of the LEAs in the DC metro area.

I for one hope he never sits in a cruiser again, unless it's in the back seat.

If you don't like that, then maybe you should take it up with Chief Treschuk or the Montgomery County Circuit Court...

Last edited: