• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WAVE's Scare Businesses Strategy

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

Landose_theghost

Ommfg!!!

Ol' Jer is Like a captain of a sinking ship. Or a 4 year old who can't listen to reason and who covers thier ears and yells "la la la, I can't hear you!", you take your pick. Eitherway, she and her "effort" can WAVE goodbye come 2011.

Good post none the less OP.

-Landose-

protias

Nearly 70 percent of people support our current law, yet, at the
behest of the pro gun lobby...

Really? It seems 79% (or was it 74%?) supported Article 1, Section 25. That means the population is over 140%! I wonder how they figure that math works out?

Through their entire "risks" section, their numbers don't make any sense. Most states allow carry of firearms and most employers allow their employees to be armed and yet we do not see issues there. We only see problems where people are not allowed to protect themselves. The whole thing is full of "maybe," "possibly," "might," etc. The reality is, there are not issues!

In Wisconsin, only 27% of those surveyed were in favor of citizens being allowed to carry concealed weapons. Furthermore, only 17% believed that a CCW law would
reduce crime.37
37 Badger Poll, #11, Release #2, University of Wisconsin Survey Center, November 3, 2003.

I wonder who they surveyed? Regardless, a survey has a limited amount of people where a statewide vote on Article 1, Section 25 shows their "research" proves otherwise.

I had a hard time reading that farce and I think I'm now dumber for doing so.

XDFDE45

I've stated before and I'll do so again. They have been rendered irrelavent by the last two SCOTUS decisions in Heller and McDonald. Brady and all the other groups have been either twisting or flat out lying on their "facts". Truth has never been nor will be in their vocabulary.

jpm84092

Fuzzy Math at WAVE

OK, time for a math lesson:

48 States have some sort of permit system (96%)
After 1-1-11, 9 of these States are "may issue" (18%)
After 1-1-11, 39 of these States are "shall issue" (78%)
3 States do not require a permit to carry concealed (8%)

With 78% of America having a "shall issue" concealed firearm permit system in place, where is the carnage that WAVE is talking about? A reasonable person would think that they could back up their drivel with fact.

The truth is that, as a generalization, Wisconsin Citizens do not get out of the State very often and are blissfully ignorant of the fact that in any State other than Illinois, they are meeting, interacting with, and in contact with armed law abiding Citizens. Wisconsin has been controlled by liberals for so long that many Wisconsin residents do not know their rights or that concealed carry has worked in 96% of the Nation with no blood, guts, carnage, and the like. The thought never crosses the mind that an armed citizenry might give pause to bad guys and make them consider a new career.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
They haveabsolutely nothing to back up their claims, nothing!

She is ******* into the wind, and nothing more.

I see you're still doing your missionary work on their Facebook discussion page. You have to be a very mentally tough person to deal with nothing but emotion being tossed at you.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
I see you're still doing your missionary work on their Facebook discussion page. You have to be a very mentally tough person to deal with nothing but emotion being tossed at you.

In my business and in my personal life, I deal with verifiable, irrefutable facts. And that is what I have been using on their FB page, with a little bit of emotion tossed in here and there so they have something they can easily understand.

I am sure their pages gets a ton of visitors, if I can make one of those undecided visitors look at facts as opposed to the lies told by WAVE, I feel that I may have accomplished my mission.
The guy named "Patrick Lyne" has basically proven my point for me in his rantings. He has been very vocal about how he does not like the idea of law abiding citizens carrying personal protection discreetly. He thinks we are all paranoid gun freaks. and he had a paragraph about how he has traveled the country, and he was never gunned down, etc etc etc. And my reply was "And all of those states already have provisions for people to carry concealed"
That shut him up fairly quickly.

I tell people to look at the rates of violent crime in area's with the tightest gun control, and compare them to places with the least restrictive gun control. The facts are right there staring at them! More guns in the hands of law abiding citizens equals less crime!

XDFDE45

the guy named "patrick lyne" has basically proven my point for me in his rantings. He has been very vocal about how he does not like the idea of law abiding citizens carrying personal protection discreetly. He thinks we are all paranoid gun freaks. And he had a paragraph about how he has traveled the country, and he was never gunned down, etc etc etc. And my reply was "and all of those states already have provisions for people to carry concealed"
that shut him up fairly quickly.

roflmfao!!! Outstanding!!!

Last edited:

protias

I am able to participate in the discussions, but I wish I could comment their front page posts.

Edit: Nope, can't even "participate" in their discussions. I go to post something and it kicks me to my home page. Who loves censorship, raise your hand?

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I will be a good boy and represent OCDO in a better light than my last post regarding WAVE.

WAVE knows that a clean shall issue permit system if not Constitutional carry is soon to be Law in this state.
All the points in that PDF are clearly WAVE's opinion , with no statistics to back up ANY one of the talking points.
Yes, CCW in Wisc is going to be BAD for business that is WAVE's business & Her paycheck. LOL

I will use this example as to what is currently happening ....Wave has been swimming in the ocean of gun control, but now the WAVES are getting rough & the sea's are swelling most negatively, WAVE is getting tired with sore arms & legs , they begin to panic thrashing around knowing that soon , very soon they will have used up their last ounce of energy then take their last breath & slip beneath the WAVES of Concealed Carry.