Thread: New Member

Hey all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a USAF veteran, former reserve police officer and student from Indiana. I really like the layout of the site... especially the cute woman on the home page—making this a 'hot topic' lol.

I would really like to see more people open carrying—getting people used to the way things should be. According to my constitutional history studies, our founders intended us to be armed in order to prevent tyranny and oppression.

Welcome, and hope you enjoy.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by AFPVet View Post
    I would really like to see more people open carrying—getting people used to the way things should be.
    Best way to do that is to exercise the right in as many places and as often as you can. What's your plan, or practice, in that regard?

Welcome aboard!
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Thanks! Well, the first time I started OC'ing was walking in to get my hair cut. I was surprised to see that no one seemed to noticed—or seemed to care lol. I think many people assume that people who open carry are LEO's.

Hey all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a USAF veteran, former reserve police officer and student from Indiana.
    Welcome aboard!

I would really like to see more people open carrying—getting people used to the way things should be.
    Bingo.

According to my constitutional history studies, our founders intended us to be armed in order to prevent tyranny and oppression.
    Absolutely, though good luck getting anyone currently in office to agree with you that, LoL! Back in the days of our Founding Fathers, however, a number of them said just what, while in office, in order to dispell any doubts about what was meant by the 2nd Amendment.

When anyone asks, I simply say, "for personal protection," while keep the "against what" answers such as "critters, bad guys, and governments rotten beyond all hope of repair" to myself.

Thanks! Well, the first time I started OC'ing was walking in to get my hair cut. I was surprised to see that no one seemed to noticed—or seemed to care lol. I think many people assume that people who open carry are LEO's.
    I think you're right. Two people I've known for decades said the same thing after they'd asked me, "how do others respond?" and I told them, "they don't seem to care."
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Banned
    Hey all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a USAF veteran...
    I would like to say, "Aim High!" but most here would recommend aiming for center mass.

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I would like to say, "Aim High!" but most here would recommend aiming for center mass.

Welcome.
    LOL That's good

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I found that many will ask doubtfully if I am a cop they know I'm not. I don't dress like the typical cop. I found that even in my hippy town most people of this country accept our inalienable rights even when they don't agree with them. I open carry practically everywhere and have had very few negative encounters (if you don't count the local PD) the state LEO have been very supportive though. Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining the ranks in helping normalizing what is our right.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Welcome to this page. There is an plethora of information
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I found that many will ask doubtfully if I am a cop they know I'm not. I don't dress like the typical cop.
    I'm a fat woman in her middle-50s. I always wonder about people's image of police officers when they ask if I'm a cop.

'Nother USAF veteran (retired after 22 years) here. Welcome, APFVet.

Welcome and enjoy the site. We have a great group of guys/gals here.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    I always wonder about people's image of police officers when they ask if I'm a cop.
    Lol, same here (overweight and retired USAF). I wonder too, especially given my ponytail...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.