• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AFPVet

Hey all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a USAF veteran, former reserve police officer and student from Indiana. I really like the layout of the site... especially the cute woman on the home page—making this a 'hot topic' lol.

I would really like to see more people open carrying—getting people used to the way things should be. According to my constitutional history studies, our founders intended us to be armed in order to prevent tyranny and oppression.

AFPVet

Thanks! Well, the first time I started OC'ing was walking in to get my hair cut. I was surprised to see that no one seemed to noticed—or seemed to care lol. I think many people assume that people who open carry are LEO's.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Hey all, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am a USAF veteran, former reserve police officer and student from Indiana.

Welcome aboard!

I would really like to see more people open carrying—getting people used to the way things should be.

Bingo.

According to my constitutional history studies, our founders intended us to be armed in order to prevent tyranny and oppression.

Absolutely, though good luck getting anyone currently in office to agree with you that, LoL! Back in the days of our Founding Fathers, however, a number of them said just what, while in office, in order to dispell any doubts about what was meant by the 2nd Amendment.

When anyone asks, I simply say, "for personal protection," while keep the "against what" answers such as "critters, bad guys, and governments rotten beyond all hope of repair" to myself.

Thanks! Well, the first time I started OC'ing was walking in to get my hair cut. I was surprised to see that no one seemed to noticed—or seemed to care lol. I think many people assume that people who open carry are LEO's.

I think you're right. Two people I've known for decades said the same thing after they'd asked me, "how do others respond?" and I told them, "they don't seem to care."

sudden valley gunner

I found that many will ask doubtfully if I am a cop they know I'm not. I don't dress like the typical cop. I found that even in my hippy town most people of this country accept our inalienable rights even when they don't agree with them. I open carry practically everywhere and have had very few negative encounters (if you don't count the local PD) the state LEO have been very supportive though. Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining the ranks in helping normalizing what is our right.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I found that many will ask doubtfully if I am a cop they know I'm not. I don't dress like the typical cop.

I'm a fat woman in her middle-50s. I always wonder about people's image of police officers when they ask if I'm a cop.

'Nother USAF veteran (retired after 22 years) here. Welcome, APFVet.