Thread: Sticky suggestion...

Sticky suggestion...

I notice that most 2A polls put up by major newspapers and periodicals end up with our side winning with 80%-90%. I would love for their to be a sticky thread where all these poll results can be posted.

We can get screen captures of the results so when these sites take down the poll because they weren't happy with the results, we will have the results preserved for future reference. That info would come in handy when posting on other forums, when they argue that most American's want gun control. We can then refer them to the sticky thread which has screen shot of X number of major polls showing the results which favor our position.

I would imagine that two or three years from now, we'd have quite a collection of polls captured, making it a great reference. Thoughts?

Couldn't hurt, that's for sure.
    This site has been hijacked by leftists who attack opposition to further their own ends. Those who have never served this country and attack those who do are no longer worthy of my time or attention.

Quote Originally Posted by NRAMARINE View Post
    Couldn't hurt, that's for sure.
    +1

+1 Sounds like a good idea to me.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
    Vice President - Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL)
    LOCAL Pamphlet (Feel free to print and hand out)
    Students for Concealed Carry on Campus

...except that posting others' (presumably) copyrighted material after they no longer wish to make it available violates forum rule 11.

I think it's a terrific idea.

To avoid copyright infringment, simply post the bare results. For example:

Dec 5, 2010 - Washington Post: "Do you believe OC should be legal?" 99% Yes, 1% No.* - Source (linked)

*Ficticious poll.

Copying substantial portions of copyrighted material crosses the line. Copying snippets, particularly with references, does not.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.