• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut Against Gun Violence

MGoduto

I think it's kind of ironic that these folks can accurately state what the law is regarding open carry in Connecticut, and then accuse us of being 'intimidating' when we behave in a lawful manner.

Sorry bastards, they are.

Rich: I see that you made the front page of the Courant. I read the story. There was no mention of arrest, the feel of handcuffs on your wrists, or a beatdown by jackbooted thugs. You must be slipping!!!

Rich B

KIX

That group is shady as hell. I think I made a comment here about them in the past.

Look at the data they use on their site. They selectively use data from various periods of time going back two decades. So, if the crime rate is going down, they dig back to the early 90's for some info. Nothing but "Shock and Awe"..... or shock and flaw more like it.

I love their whole stance on microstamping and stating how it's a law in CA. They do nothing to say that it isnt implemented yet because of patent issues, one person owns the rights, and that it simply doesn't work. Though, I'm sure the criminals will worry about serial number data on a stolen firearm.

I'm still pooling data and more important, criteria used to gather the data used in their "statistics". Me thinks I'm going to pay more attention to them and see if I can have some "fun" correcting them at some point and time. I'd love to debate them.

Maybe Rich and I can work on a website, get it to show up right next to them in google searches and make it a bit more honest. Maybe the CT Coalition Against the Connecticut Coalition Against Gun Violence..... CCACCAGV?????

OK, we'll have to make that work somehow....... but you know what I mean......

Jonathan

aadvark

Conneticut must NOT Allow either The Firearm Examiners Board OR Special Interest Groups to DeRail their Open Carry Rights!

KIX

Dunno, didn't the BFPE actually help us out when they stated that open carry isn't illegal?

From their site:

GUN PERMIT-RELATED QUESTIONS

1. Is there any statute prescribing that firearms must be carried concealed?

The answer is no. The law does not address this issue. But, with limited exceptions, it is illegal to carry a handgun, whether concealed or openly, without a permit, except in one's home or place of business (CGS § 29-35(a)).

Jonathan

Rich B

Dunno, didn't the BFPE actually help us out when they stated that open carry isn't illegal?

Call me crazy, but I don't consider it a favor to have someone confirm that something is legal when I already know it to be the case. There is nothing vague about our laws [not] regarding OC.

Last edited:

dcmdon

That anti-gun group is a joke.
It appears to be one guy.
The form to be put on their mailing list is broken.
Several links to federal legislators are broken.

All thats missing is a "last updated on May 12 1998" tag at the botom.