Thread: City of Brighton, Meridian Township

City of Brighton, Meridian Township

These two areas have both been notified of their unenforceable ordinances. I have given them 90 days to amend. I will let you all know of the outcome.

P.S.
    Since I am in Iowa, and am unable to attend council meetings and such in Michigan, would there be anyone willing to attend something like that to help out. I would be will to forward all letters and emails to said person. Thanks!

Banned
    Just curious, what if they don't comply within the time limit? The legislature left the preemption law without any teeth.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Red face We'll send in the heavy hitter

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Just curious, what if they don't comply within the time limit? The legislature left the preemption law without any teeth.
    Oh...boy...then we'll pool our resources and send you Stainless to camp out in and around their building

They would be putty in our hands within minutes

Just razzing you, I think then we will have to organize a group showing to impress upon them that this is unacceptable. Maybe get the media involved?

Having the news involved so soon is premature. However Tucker69 send an email to board@miopencarry.org so we can try to help out.
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 12-29-2010 at 12:16 AM.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Read...slowly...then...reply ;)

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    Having the news involved so soon is premature. However ST send an email to board@miopencarry.org so we can try to help out.
    Read the text....1st please the question was what if they don't comply within 90 days? Then see my post It'll be clear then.

AH HA! yes i see your wisdom now! this padawan learner is humbled by your closely veiled sarcasm!
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

AH HA! yes i see your wisdom now! this padawan learner is humbled by your closely veiled sarcasm!
    Hey it's late; I figured you were just speed reading young Skywalker. Hey, I even sound like Yoda now, literally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btfej...eature=related

Having the news involved so soon is premature. However Tucker69 send an email to board@miopencarry.org so we can try to help out.
    Will do!

Response from Meridian Township

Just got a return email from meridian township chief of police.

Scott Clark,

Your concern has been forwarded to the Township's attorney. The Township Manager and I will be reviewing his response, and if warranted, give any recommended change to the Township Board for their consideration. Officers are aware of the conflict and have been instructed not to enforce that particular portion of the law.

Thank you
    Chief Hall

David Hall
    Meridian Township Police Chief
    5151 Marsh Road
    Okemos, MI 48864
    517.853.4097 fax
    www.meridian.mi.us
    hall@meridian.mi.us
    Ill keep an eye on this to keep you all posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post

Glad to see that the chief recognizes the law is unenforceable, and has advised his officers of the same.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry25 View Post
    Glad to see that the chief recognizes the law is unenforceable, and has advised his officers of the same.
    Since they know the law/ordinance is unenforceable, then the logical result should be the removal of that part of the law/ordinance. Any other outcome leaves the Public misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker6900 View Post

Wow. That's a constructive response. Thanks for updating us. Please keep us informed.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.