• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Brighton, Meridian Township

Tucker6900

These two areas have both been notified of their unenforceable ordinances. I have given them 90 days to amend. I will let you all know of the outcome.

P.S.
Since I am in Iowa, and am unable to attend council meetings and such in Michigan, would there be anyone willing to attend something like that to help out. I would be will to forward all letters and emails to said person. Thanks!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
We'll send in the heavy hitter

Just curious, what if they don't comply within the time limit? The legislature left the preemption law without any teeth.

Oh...boy...then we'll pool our resources and send you Stainless to camp out in and around their building :)

They would be putty in our hands within minutes ;)

Just razzing you, I think then we will have to organize a group showing to impress upon them that this is unacceptable. Maybe get the media involved?

Tucker6900

Response from Meridian Township

Just got a return email from meridian township chief of police.

Scott Clark,

Your concern has been forwarded to the Township's attorney. The Township Manager and I will be reviewing his response, and if warranted, give any recommended change to the Township Board for their consideration. Officers are aware of the conflict and have been instructed not to enforce that particular portion of the law.

Thank you
Chief Hall

David Hall
Meridian Township Police Chief
5151 Marsh Road
Okemos, MI 48864
517.853.4097 fax
www.meridian.mi.us
hall@meridian.mi.us

Ill keep an eye on this to keep you all posted.

PDinDetroit

Glad to see that the chief recognizes the law is unenforceable, and has advised his officers of the same.

Since they know the law/ordinance is unenforceable, then the logical result should be the removal of that part of the law/ordinance. Any other outcome leaves the Public misinformed.