Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bill AB962-Requires fingerprinting for ALL ammo purchases...

Angry Bill AB962-Requires fingerprinting for ALL ammo purchases...

Ok, so I oversold this one. It's a California bill, but still complete and udder BS! Basicly, if passed,you will need to submit to fingerprinting if purchasing ammo after Feb 2011. I kind of skimmed thru it but yea,that's the jist of it. Link Below:

http://www.ab962.org/Home.aspx

Once again, this is a CALI bill. But this is for real,and could very well be coming soon to a state near us. Damn lawmakers and their "preventative measure" laws, another effort to "curb" gun violence I'm sure.

-Landose-

Edit to add-
    I was wondering how this would apply to ppl who re-load their own. And while this may be speculation, I can see our nanny er um...Gov't passing new legislation to make it difficult for the average joe to get his re-loading supplies after this shpeel...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...mi-Aiport.html

(Sum guy had like 500 pistol primers in his bag and they went off at the airport)
    Last edited by Landose_theghost; 12-28-2010 at 10:32 PM.

I was just reading about this in my NRA email. It is a Cali bill so it doesn't really surprise me.
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by Landose_theghost View Post
    Ok, so I oversold this one. It's a California bill, but still complete and udder BS! Basicly, if passed,you will need to submit to fingerprinting if purchasing ammo after Feb 2011. I kind of skimmed thru it but yea,that's the jist of it. Link Below:

http://www.ab962.org/Home.aspx

Once again, this is a CALI bill. But this is for real,and could very well be coming soon to a state near us. Damn lawmakers and their "preventative measure" laws, another effort to "curb" gun violence I'm sure.

-Landose-

Edit to add-
    I was wondering how this would apply to ppl who re-load their own. And while this may be speculation, I can see our nanny er um...Gov't passing new legislation to make it difficult for the average joe to get his re-loading supplies after this shpeel...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...mi-Aiport.html

(Sum guy had like 500 pistol primers in his bag and they went off at the airport)
    You are right to point this out. Liberal whackos get their lame brained ideas from somewhere. Kalifornia is the mothership for these amazingly narrow minded folks. If we do not take a stand now, it will be to late later or much harder to repeal such trash. Vigilance is the price of Liberty.

one solution...mail order!

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    I would be willing to bet they ban mail order or regulate the hell out of it.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    not to undermine you Glockrdh mail order is not the solution the solution is not to let it happen in the first place
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    If a POS bill like that ever did make it to law, it would essentially outlaw handloading. And then the smarter criminals (if there is such a thing) would go to muzzleloaders.

All these laws are flawed from the get go! Because they are assuming that criminals will follow the law in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    And then the smarter criminals (if there is such a thing) would go to muzzleloaders.
    It's going to get all Blackbeard-y up in here. I can see it now. BG walks into a bank with a bandoleer of pistols over his shoulder and smoking cannon fuses tied to his beard.
    It's true though Nutczak..if we destroy every gun then they'll just use Machetes. The tool is merely an extension of a persons will.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

NRA-CRPA Foundation Supported Lawsuit

I just wanted to let everyone know that the NRA and CRPA Foundation are supporting a lawsuit challenging AB 962. You can read all about it on www.calgunlaws.com here:

http://www.calgunlaws.com/index.php/...and-trial.html

To answer a few questions, AB 962 does also regulate mail-order transactions. Many, if not most or all mail-order companies have indicated that they will stop shipments of most if not all ammo to California post-February 1, 2011, when the law goes into effect. A Motion for Summary Judgment has been filed by plaintiffs in this suit, and it will be heard on January 18, 2011. So, we should know whether this law will be killed or not prior to its effective date. I will update this thread with information as it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    I would be willing to bet they ban mail order or regulate the hell out of it.
    Well, just recieved a Cheeper than diirt magazine and on the front cover it states that as of Jan. 1st ammo can no longer be sold in CA. One win for the anti's.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

It's 'face to face' only.
    No demand of a driver's license. Just a number.
    I'm gonna use my Ralph's Club Card #.

Well, just recieved a Cheeper than diirt magazine and on the front cover it states that as of Jan. 1st ammo can no longer be sold in CA. One win for the anti's.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Keagy View Post
    It's 'face to face' only.
    No demand of a driver's license. Just a number.
    I'm gonna use my Ralph's Club Card #.
    Incorrect, it is "face-to-face" with the transferee providing "bona fide identification" which, unforutnately, I do not believe your Ralph's Club Card will qualify as.
    Last edited by SBrady@Michel&Associates; 12-29-2010 at 10:04 PM.

Thank you for pointing that out.
    I looked up bona fide. It means 'in good faith'
    Does the legal definition go beyond that?
    Again, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Keagy View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out.
    I looked up bona fide. It means 'in good faith'
    Does the legal definition go beyond that?
    Again, thank you.
    No worries, Mr. Keagy, it is a confusing law; hence the NRA-CRPA Foundation vagueness lawsuit. Here is the relevant portion of the law as it's written:

12318. (a) Commencing February 1, 2011, the delivery or transfer of
    ownership of handgun ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face
    transaction with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide evidence
    of identity from the purchaser or other transferee. A violation of this section
    is a misdemeanor.

(b) For purposes of this section:
    (1) “Bona fide evidence of identity” means a document issued by a
    federal, state, county, or municipal government, or subdivision or agency
    thereof, including, but not limited to, a motor vehicle operator’s license,
    state identification card, identification card issued to a member of the Armed
    Forces, or other form of identification that bears the name, date of birth,
    description, and picture of the person.

Quote Originally Posted by SBrady@Michel&Associates View Post
    No worries, Mr. Keagy, it is a confusing law; hence the NRA-CRPA Foundation vagueness lawsuit. Here is the relevant portion of the law as it's written:

12318. (a) Commencing February 1, 2011, the delivery or transfer of
    ownership of handgun ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face
    transaction with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide evidence
    of identity from the purchaser or other transferee. A violation of this section
    is a misdemeanor.

(b) For purposes of this section:
    (1) “Bona fide evidence of identity” means a document issued by a
    federal, state, county, or municipal government, or subdivision or agency
    thereof, including, but not limited to, a motor vehicle operator’s license,
    state identification card, identification card issued to a member of the Armed
    Forces, or other form of identification that bears the name, date of birth,
    description, and picture of the person.
    So how do they square this when cities like Oakland are issuing ID's to illegal aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
    So how do they square this when cities like Oakland are issuing ID's to illegal aliens?
    Because we are only evil gun owning citizens and they are poor helpless "American Immigrants" that can do no wrong. (i heard that's what they want to start calling them now)
    Last edited by Born2Lose; 12-30-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    "If I don't have my pistol, I feel sort of naked." -Unosuke Gunfighter in the movie Yojimbo

No Mail order allowed in CA

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    Once this law comes into force in February Californians are unable to purchase by mail order check cabelas warning letter on the cabelas website. We can thank Arnold Schwarzenegger for that signature into law .....
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.

I was reading on nevadashooters.com last night that they are not going to the LE agency's either. Which might be good for you guys. If LE can't get there ammo cheap any more they just might force the legislators to repeal the law.

Some of the guys here in Nevada are worry that you guys are going to start coming up here to buy your ammo and cause a shortage/higher prices.

I am so glad I got out of that damn state. I really do feel sorry for you guys.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

The Californians are all set ......

Quote Originally Posted by Sabotage70 View Post
    I was reading on nevadashooters.com last night that they are not going to the LE agency's either. Which might be good for you guys. If LE can't get there ammo cheap any more they just might force the legislators to repeal the law.

Some of the guys here in Nevada are worry that you guys are going to start coming up here to buy your ammo and cause a shortage/higher prices.

I am so glad I got out of that damn state. I really do feel sorry for you guys.
    ....for our 2011 roadtrip to Nevada to purchase our bulk ammo sorry guys !
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about this kind of lamebrain law being proposed!
    California really needs to clean out the kooks in Sacramental.

Maybe I'll open an ammo shop at the Arizona border!

-MH
    Last edited by March Hare; 01-02-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

CA gun law

Looks like it's time to cultivate friends along the CA/OR , CA/AZ or CA/NV borders, who can make ammo runs periodically.

Is there explicit language which prohibits this?

You need to talk with that Republican Governor of yours...

Oh - Wait.

Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by EXTREMEOPS1 View Post
    ....for our 2011 roadtrip to Nevada to purchase our bulk ammo sorry guys !
    I hate using the the phrase. "It doesn't apply to me so I don't care." But I do care and I reload so it's not really going to effect me to much. I cringe sometimes when I read this forum. I just hope that the rumors about them wanting to put SN on the bullets never comes about because then that will effect everyone. I'm just curious as to what they think this new bill is going to accomplish. Do the think that they are going to be able to go to every place that sells ammo and put 2 and 2 together.

On the 4th of July last year a kid was killed because him and his buddy packed a 18" pipe a 1/4 full of gun powder and stuffed it with paper. Not thinking that instead of a cannon they made a pipe bomb. Now the dead kids parents want to make it harder to get gun powder.

Oh yeah, the father of the young adult son that made the cannon was a Las Vegas fire department employee.

http://sunrise.8newsnow.com/content/...july-explosion
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

And what ever you guys spend on ammo you have to spend 2x that elsewhere.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Parker Case Fully Briefed

Just wanted to let everyone know that the CRPA-Foundation (NRA supported) challenge to AB 962 (Parker v. California) is now fully briefed before the court. The Honorable Judge Hamilton has agreed to rule on the lawsuit prior to February 1, 2011, and has scheduled oral arguments for January 18. If you want more details on the case and its status, there is an article on www.calgunlaws.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast