• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill AB962-Requires fingerprinting for ALL ammo purchases...

Landose_theghost

Ok, so I oversold this one. It's a California bill, but still complete and udder BS! Basicly, if passed,you will need to submit to fingerprinting if purchasing ammo after Feb 2011. I kind of skimmed thru it but yea,that's the jist of it. Link Below:

http://www.ab962.org/Home.aspx

Once again, this is a CALI bill. But this is for real,and could very well be coming soon to a state near us. Damn lawmakers and their "preventative measure" laws, another effort to "curb" gun violence I'm sure.

-Landose-

Edit to add-
I was wondering how this would apply to ppl who re-load their own. And while this may be speculation, I can see our nanny er um...Gov't passing new legislation to make it difficult for the average joe to get his re-loading supplies after this shpeel...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Hairspray-Styles-Bomb-Scare-Miami-Aiport.html

(Sum guy had like 500 pistol primers in his bag and they went off at the airport)

Last edited:

hardballer

Ok, so I oversold this one. It's a California bill, but still complete and udder BS! Basicly, if passed,you will need to submit to fingerprinting if purchasing ammo after Feb 2011. I kind of skimmed thru it but yea,that's the jist of it. Link Below:

http://www.ab962.org/Home.aspx

Once again, this is a CALI bill. But this is for real,and could very well be coming soon to a state near us. Damn lawmakers and their "preventative measure" laws, another effort to "curb" gun violence I'm sure.

-Landose-

Edit to add-
I was wondering how this would apply to ppl who re-load their own. And while this may be speculation, I can see our nanny er um...Gov't passing new legislation to make it difficult for the average joe to get his re-loading supplies after this shpeel...

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Hairspray-Styles-Bomb-Scare-Miami-Aiport.html

(Sum guy had like 500 pistol primers in his bag and they went off at the airport)

You are right to point this out. Liberal whackos get their lame brained ideas from somewhere. Kalifornia is the mothership for these amazingly narrow minded folks. If we do not take a stand now, it will be to late later or much harder to repeal such trash. Vigilance is the price of Liberty.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
If a POS bill like that ever did make it to law, it would essentially outlaw handloading. And then the smarter criminals (if there is such a thing) would go to muzzleloaders.

All these laws are flawed from the get go! Because they are assuming that criminals will follow the law in the first place.

Born2Lose

And then the smarter criminals (if there is such a thing) would go to muzzleloaders.

It's going to get all Blackbeard-y up in here. I can see it now. BG walks into a bank with a bandoleer of pistols over his shoulder and smoking cannon fuses tied to his beard.
It's true though Nutczak..if we destroy every gun then they'll just use Machetes. The tool is merely an extension of a persons will.

SBrady@Michel&Associates

NRA-CRPA Foundation Supported Lawsuit

I just wanted to let everyone know that the NRA and CRPA Foundation are supporting a lawsuit challenging AB 962. You can read all about it on www.calgunlaws.com here:

http://www.calgunlaws.com/index.php...ited-briefing-schedule-for-msj-and-trial.html

To answer a few questions, AB 962 does also regulate mail-order transactions. Many, if not most or all mail-order companies have indicated that they will stop shipments of most if not all ammo to California post-February 1, 2011, when the law goes into effect. A Motion for Summary Judgment has been filed by plaintiffs in this suit, and it will be heard on January 18, 2011. So, we should know whether this law will be killed or not prior to its effective date. I will update this thread with information as it comes.

SBrady@Michel&Associates

It's 'face to face' only.
No demand of a driver's license. Just a number.
I'm gonna use my Ralph's Club Card #.

Incorrect, it is "face-to-face" with the transferee providing "bona fide identification" which, unforutnately, I do not believe your Ralph's Club Card will qualify as.

Last edited:

SBrady@Michel&Associates

Thank you for pointing that out.
I looked up bona fide. It means 'in good faith'
Does the legal definition go beyond that?
Again, thank you.

No worries, Mr. Keagy, it is a confusing law; hence the NRA-CRPA Foundation vagueness lawsuit. Here is the relevant portion of the law as it's written:

12318. (a) Commencing February 1, 2011, the delivery or transfer of
ownership of handgun ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face
transaction with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide evidence
of identity from the purchaser or other transferee. A violation of this section
is a misdemeanor.

(b) For purposes of this section:
(1) “Bona fide evidence of identity” means a document issued by a
federal, state, county, or municipal government, or subdivision or agency
thereof, including, but not limited to, a motor vehicle operator’s license,
state identification card, identification card issued to a member of the Armed
Forces, or other form of identification that bears the name, date of birth,
description, and picture of the person.

AyatollahGondola

No worries, Mr. Keagy, it is a confusing law; hence the NRA-CRPA Foundation vagueness lawsuit. Here is the relevant portion of the law as it's written:

12318. (a) Commencing February 1, 2011, the delivery or transfer of
ownership of handgun ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face
transaction with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide evidence
of identity from the purchaser or other transferee. A violation of this section
is a misdemeanor.

(b) For purposes of this section:
(1) “Bona fide evidence of identity” means a document issued by a
federal, state, county, or municipal government, or subdivision or agency
thereof, including, but not limited to, a motor vehicle operator’s license,
state identification card, identification card issued to a member of the Armed
Forces, or other form of identification that bears the name, date of birth,
description, and picture of the person.

So how do they square this when cities like Oakland are issuing ID's to illegal aliens?

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
No Mail order allowed in CA

one solution...mail order!

Once this law comes into force in February Californians are unable to purchase by mail order check cabelas warning letter on the cabelas website. We can thank Arnold Schwarzenegger for that signature into law .....

Sabotage70

Well, just recieved a Cheeper than diirt magazine and on the front cover it states that as of Jan. 1st ammo can no longer be sold in CA. One win for the anti's.

I was reading on nevadashooters.com last night that they are not going to the LE agency's either. Which might be good for you guys. If LE can't get there ammo cheap any more they just might force the legislators to repeal the law.

Some of the guys here in Nevada are worry that you guys are going to start coming up here to buy your ammo and cause a shortage/higher prices.

I am so glad I got out of that damn state. I really do feel sorry for you guys.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
The Californians are all set ......

I was reading on nevadashooters.com last night that they are not going to the LE agency's either. Which might be good for you guys. If LE can't get there ammo cheap any more they just might force the legislators to repeal the law.

Some of the guys here in Nevada are worry that you guys are going to start coming up here to buy your ammo and cause a shortage/higher prices.

I am so glad I got out of that damn state. I really do feel sorry for you guys.
....for our 2011 roadtrip to Nevada to purchase our bulk ammo sorry guys !