• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bill AB962-Requires fingerprinting for ALL ammo purchases...

March Hare

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about this kind of lamebrain law being proposed!
California really needs to clean out the kooks in Sacramental.

Maybe I'll open an ammo shop at the Arizona border!

-MH

Last edited:

Contrarian

CA gun law

Looks like it's time to cultivate friends along the CA/OR , CA/AZ or CA/NV borders, who can make ammo runs periodically.

Is there explicit language which prohibits this?

You need to talk with that Republican Governor of yours...

Oh - Wait.

Sorry.

Sabotage70

....for our 2011 roadtrip to Nevada to purchase our bulk ammo sorry guys !

I hate using the the phrase. "It doesn't apply to me so I don't care." But I do care and I reload so it's not really going to effect me to much. I cringe sometimes when I read this forum. I just hope that the rumors about them wanting to put SN on the bullets never comes about because then that will effect everyone. I'm just curious as to what they think this new bill is going to accomplish. Do the think that they are going to be able to go to every place that sells ammo and put 2 and 2 together.

On the 4th of July last year a kid was killed because him and his buddy packed a 18" pipe a 1/4 full of gun powder and stuffed it with paper. Not thinking that instead of a cannon they made a pipe bomb. Now the dead kids parents want to make it harder to get gun powder.

Oh yeah, the father of the young adult son that made the cannon was a Las Vegas fire department employee.

http://sunrise.8newsnow.com/content/man-charged-deadly-fourth-july-explosion

SBrady@Michel&Associates

Parker Case Fully Briefed

Just wanted to let everyone know that the CRPA-Foundation (NRA supported) challenge to AB 962 (Parker v. California) is now fully briefed before the court. The Honorable Judge Hamilton has agreed to rule on the lawsuit prior to February 1, 2011, and has scheduled oral arguments for January 18. If you want more details on the case and its status, there is an article on www.calgunlaws.com

Gundude

Just wanted to let everyone know that the CRPA-Foundation (NRA supported) challenge to AB 962 (Parker v. California) is now fully briefed before the court. The Honorable Judge Hamilton has agreed to rule on the lawsuit prior to February 1, 2011, and has scheduled oral arguments for January 18. If you want more details on the case and its status, there is an article on www.calgunlaws.com

I would like to read the briefs. Is there a link?

xmattedgex

Yeah, I live in Cali and already knew about this bill coming. It's freakin' bull ****!!! I thought it had already passed? Aren't they also making a limit to how many rounds we can buy? And making it so we can't buy ammo online any longer? I hate California!!! But I'm planning on moving to Arizona in about 3 years.

coolusername2007

I feel sorry for you guys out there. Keep fighting hard!

Yes, keep fighting hard...as long as you live here. But fighting the never ending onslaught of unconstitutional legislation in this God forsaken state is a losing proposition. The state legislature moves many times faster than the courts. If you want your gun rights and other liberties I recommend moving. Moving will secure your liberties much, much faster.