Thread: US Marine and his wife saved from lawless mob by armed LAC CCer in FL...

US Marine and his wife saved from lawless mob by armed LAC CCer in FL...

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Armed in theater...

I took the wife to a movie this week and even though it wasn't a Saturday night I wouldn't even consider going unarmed. I carry for the unexpected, not just for the "dangerous" times. Movies is a CC for me since the wife isn't thrilled by the thought of the manager bugging us one a rare night out.

Going to a movie on a saturday night is not the time I would pick either but whatever. I suppose 10-15 OCers showing up in thug central every Friday and Saturday night would quickly be treated to some free movies though...
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

Here in NC there is a state law prohibiting ANY carry (OC or CC) in any establishment that charges admission--including movie theaters.

Jim Crow is alive and well in the Tarheel State...

You folks who can carry when you go to the movies, or to a restaurant that serves alcohol are lucky. It's a HARD fight to get these old racist laws overturned, but we're working on it in NC, with the help of groups like GRNC and SAF.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Here in NC there is a state law prohibiting ANY carry (OC or CC) in any establishment that charges admission--including movie theaters.

Jim Crow is alive and well in the Tarheel State...

You folks who can carry when you go to the movies, or to a restaurant that serves alcohol are lucky. It's a HARD fight to get these old racist laws overturned, but we're working on it in NC, with the help of groups like GRNC and SAF.
    You've got a point. The NAACP, Jesse Jackson, and Al "the swindler" Sharpton, as true racists do, would love to see all of the good folks of NC disarmed.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

I especially like the part where this Marine is considering suing the Theater for "failing to provide for his personal safety and security".

That would be a case for Alan Gura and SAF if there EVER was one...
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I especially like the part where this Marine is considering suing the Theater for "failing to provide for his personal safety and security".

That would be a case for Alan Gura and SAF if there EVER was one...
    He could have a case if they have a no guns policy like regal cinemas has here.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Campaign Veteran
    What a terrible story - mobbed, wife beaten while HUNDREDS of bystanders just sit there, all because some kids took offense to the very idea of consideration for others?
    I'm only in my late 20's. I knew bad kids growing up. But,

What The Hell is Wrong With Kids Today?

There will probably be about 300 cell-phone videos of the beating on you-tube before long. Sad.

I went to see that same movie on christmas eve with my wife and daughter. I didn't notice any sign stating no guns at the regal cinema here in virginia where I went.

I was carrying, not really openly since it's cold out and my coat covered the glock.

I hope that the marine and his family are all right and that the kids are punished. It sounds as if the law abiding citizen with a gun deserves the gratitude of all of us who carry daily for giving us a positive image.

Maybe the marine will starting caring himself. Hopefully it will wake people up to never leave home with out their gun.
    Last edited by zack991; 12-31-2010 at 07:56 PM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    Maybe the marine will starting caring himself. Hopefully it will wake people up to never leave home with out their gun.
    This ^

+1

Just not willing to roll the cosmic dice and head out into this world sans firearm anymore.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

i originally saw this story on Foxnews.com, but they left out the part about the LAC w/firearm. Interesting.

5 wolves, 300 sheeple, and 1 sheepdog.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyo View Post
    i originally saw this story on Foxnews.com, but they left out the part about the LAC w/firearm. Interesting.
    Only downside was that the "LAC" wasn't carrying. He had to go to his car to retrieve the weapon.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Would the Marine be charged with instigating the confrontation if he had been carrying and pulled his weapon? Any Floridians in here that can provide insight to FL law on the subject?