Thread: Looking for holster

Looking for holster

Hey Guys, looking for some recemendations for holsters for open carry on two of my handguns. One is a Hi-point 45, ACP, the other is a Colt Woodsman 22Cal. Any suggustions would be of great help.

New here, just getting the hang of things, GREAT FORUM.

Thanks

If Blackhawk makes a Serpa to fit your firearms, get one.

If they don't get something with a secure paddle or belt loops, and a thumb snap retention strap, like a Galco or Bianchi or an Uncle Mikes.

Retention is VERY important. And a solid attachment to your belt is equally important.

You want the gun AND the holster to say put. You don't want a holster that shifts around when you walk--sloppy holsters make it too tempting to fiddle with your gun when OCing, and that is a BIG no-no.

Good luck, and welcome to OCDO!
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I know of no one that makes a quality holster to fit a Hi Point. For the Colt Woodsman your best bet may be looking on Ebay

Fobus makes a good holster for the hi-point. I have one for my M&P and I love it.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/49977-33.html

Hey, thanks for the replys. I like the looks of the Fobus, I will save that and look a little more I kinda like leather. As far as the colt, its pretty old, my uncle gave it to me, I think it's 2nd generation. The serial number says it was made between 1949 and 1951 so I will keep looking for that also. Maybe another handgun that is like it will have a holster that will fit.

Anyway thanks for the help.