• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for holster

Mark McGuire

Hey Guys, looking for some recemendations for holsters for open carry on two of my handguns. One is a Hi-point 45, ACP, the other is a Colt Woodsman 22Cal. Any suggustions would be of great help.

New here, just getting the hang of things, GREAT FORUM.

Thanks

Dreamer

If Blackhawk makes a Serpa to fit your firearms, get one.

If they don't get something with a secure paddle or belt loops, and a thumb snap retention strap, like a Galco or Bianchi or an Uncle Mikes.

Retention is VERY important. And a solid attachment to your belt is equally important.

You want the gun AND the holster to say put. You don't want a holster that shifts around when you walk--sloppy holsters make it too tempting to fiddle with your gun when OCing, and that is a BIG no-no.

Good luck, and welcome to OCDO!

Mark McGuire

Hey, thanks for the replys. I like the looks of the Fobus, I will save that and look a little more I kinda like leather. As far as the colt, its pretty old, my uncle gave it to me, I think it's 2nd generation. The serial number says it was made between 1949 and 1951 so I will keep looking for that also. Maybe another handgun that is like it will have a holster that will fit.

Anyway thanks for the help.