• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unknown member sighted... 12/16/10 - Salem Church Road in Chesterfield

riverrat10k

....Thursday Dec. 16 eastbound on Salem Church Road in Chesterfield at the Centralia stoplight. GUNS SAVE LIVES and VCDL stickers on the back window of a white minvan.
Good to see this. I will admit I don't have any stickers of any sort on my car. I do occaisonally put my GSL magnet on the vehicle (thanks Ed and Skidmark).

PS. Why do I have such a hard time finding the spellcheck on this new system? (Ok, please do NOT answer this question!)

TFred

....Thursday Dec. 16 eastbound on Salem Church Road in Chesterfield at the Centralia stoplight. GUNS SAVE LIVES and VCDL stickers on the back window of a white minvan.
Good to see this. I will admit I don't have any stickers of any sort on my car. I do occaisonally put my GSL magnet on the vehicle (thanks Ed and Skidmark).

PS. Why do I have such a hard time finding the spellcheck on this new system? (Ok, please do NOT answer this question!)
It wasn't me... but Salem Church runs north from Centralia... not east! ;-)

(I happen to have some friends who live right near there...)

TFred

riverrat10k

TFred-you are correct. I work in the area and grew up in northern Chesterfield. The roads in the southern part of the county are strange, follow the old routes between homesteads, and generally are not very direct. Van was traveling SOUTH. Just NORTH of this intersection, Salem Church bends and runs more east/west then bends back to north/south again.

Hate that I got called on this. I am generally very good about directions!

wylde007

Well, it's not like I-64 is much better. It is the only interstate I know of personally where one can actually be traveling dead WEST in the eastbound lanes.

TFred

Well, it's not like I-64 is much better. It is the only interstate I know of personally where one can actually be traveling dead WEST in the eastbound lanes.
Ha ha, yes... here is my favorite though!

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=&q=&ll=36.952087,-80.997391&z=11

For about 8 miles here, depending on which way you are going, you are traveling:

a) North on I-77 and South on I-81, or
b) South on I-77 and North on I-81..

At the same time!!

:)

TFred

riverrat10k

Or the I-495 beltway.

Back OT, sorta, perceived pros and cons to displaying any kind of sticker on your vehicle? I once toyed with the idea of loading up on FOP, MADD, etc. type stickers just for giggles.