Thread: JPFO founder Aaron Zelman, RIP

JPFO founder Aaron Zelman, RIP

Aaron Zelman, RIP
    December 29th, 2010 by Claire Wolfe

OMG. I just learned that Aaron Zelman, founder, guiding spirit, and chief cook and bottle washer of JPFO, has died. More than a week ago.

I woke up this morning to a readerís letter, passed along by BHMís webmaster, Oliver. I could hardly believe it. Then I found that mini-obituary that sadly says so little of the man.

Aaron and I worked together for seven years. I admired him and even though he could be crazy-making at times, he had one of the most creative minds Iíve ever encountered and he was unfailingly a gentleman and a gentle-spoken man. He created a unique niche in the gun-rights movement and I hope JPFO can continue without him.

Aaron was born with Marfan Syndrome, which can cause a host of related problems, some potentially fatal. I donít know what he died from, but between that and his Type-A, hard-driving nature, itís not surprising, though itís shocking and tragic, that he died so young. Rather, I tell myself it shouldnít be surprising. Yet Aaron was such a powerful personality, itís hard to think of him being extinguished.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/C...on-zelman-rip/
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jso...&pid=147358450
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

JPFO is one of the ONLY pro-2A organizations that "gets it" with regards to PR and using the media to mold public opinion and sentiment.

They sometimes use "out there" tactics, and their messages are sometimes brash and in-your-face, but they seem to actually embrace a 21st century PR model, and actually understand how the media works.

The exposure of duplicity, fraud, and deception used by the "anti's" in the aggressive and unapologetic manner employed by JPFO should be the benchmark by which ALL 2A organizations measure their own PR models. The fact that some of their press released have been banned on certain "pro 2A" forums in certain states is a testament to the fact that they are effective, truthful, and genuinely interested in exposing the lies of the "antis".

I consider it a badge of honor to have been banned for life from one of the forums that prohibited display (and even discussion) of one of their PR campaigns--for much the same reason--criticizing the duplicity and elitism of the "ruling class" in a certain "may issue" state.

If the NRA, GOA and SAF had half the PR chops that JPFO has, and 1/4 of the spine, the "war for the minds" of the American public would have been won by our side decades ago, and groups like the Brady Campaign would now just be a national embarrassment like historical groups such as The American Eugenics Society of the 1920s...

May flights of angels sing him to his rest.
    Last edited by Dreamer; 12-29-2010 at 01:05 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggressionóand this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

The question of the day is: Who will replace him there? Who will continue this fight?

I'd suggest that those who care, but have not become members or supported JPFO in the past make a point of doing so now. http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/member.htm
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    and groups like the Brady Campaign would now just be a national embarrassment like historical groups such as The American Eugenics Society of the 1920s
    They're not? Even Jon Stewart disses them nowadays.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

ďHe who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.Ē--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    ...Brady Campaign ... The American Eugenics Society of the 1920s...
    Seeing those two organizations mentioned together makes entirely too much sense!

I'm sorry to hear about Aaron.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.