• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The opening clip for the Surry video

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Right now I have a jigsaw puzzle of clips that are in the video. I can't release most of them until after the 4th (and it will take a little time then). I still have many more to make since we haven't even gotten to the 4 yet.

I did finish the opening scene though and am putting it up now. Curtis noticed something that needs to be changed and I have in the master project. Hopefully if you see it, you'll overlook it for now.

The asterisk next to the volume bar opens full screen. On many computers it looks better that way.

http://vimeo.com/channels/ddl

USNA69

Great start. Looking forward to the complete package.

I am a congenital and unapologetic proofreader:

00:17 Verbal, not "verbabal"

00:42 Performed, not "preformed"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Prime time teaser Peter - can't wait to see some of the reserved footage.

January 4th is coming up on us fast now - less than a week away.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Great start. Looking forward to the complete package.

I am a congenital and unapologetic proofreader:

00:17 Verbal, not "verbabal"

00:42 Performed, not "preformed"

I saw them USN, but thanks!
There are a couple more too.

One of these days they'll come up with spell and grammar check for titling programs. Actually thinking is such a chore:lol:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So who else is coming to Surry on Jan 4th? Show your support and enjoy a meal at the Surreyhouse Restaurant afterward - will be a lot to talk about.

PM me (don't post here) of your intention.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If I may, Peter, the last graphic goes by pretty quickly, IMO. Of course, it could just be me.

I may lengthen it in the final cut M. The graphic before it is the critique on the music and has to be there to keep it in the fair use category. It doesn't have to be that long though.

I tend to make the opening clips too long and on this one I deliberately kept it short.

Putting these together is a constant change and see affair. Even when I finish I get a lot of "I wish I had", moments.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sequel!!!!! Jan 4th needs to get here.

Just two more go-to-beds, today and tomorrow and then we are there - it seems like only yesterday that the leaves were changing all along the James.

We'll be checking everything twice and trying to get some down time too.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just two more go-to-beds, today and tomorrow and then we are there - it seems like only yesterday that the leaves were changing all along the James.

We'll be checking everything twice and trying to get some down time too.

Yep, two more days and most of tomorrow prepping. Hopefully my fever broke for good this morning but I'll be there no matter what.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Take care of yourself, Peter. It's dropped at least 10 degrees since the rain started again in earnest here about 10.

I think I'm over the worst of it now. Fever seems to still be down. I still can't see well or walk but getting the damn fever out of the way is great.
Didn't realize how handy a top notch immune system was until I lost it.

I think I caught this at pay n pig in Williamsburg when we filmed at Surry last week.

Last edited: