• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question on a part for mossberg.

nate0486

I got a mossberg 500 from my father in-law and want to get a sling for it. The stud that goes in the stock is missing. Does anyone know where to get one? I found a few on e-bay but they want $10. I am pretty sure I can find one for less, but need help locating one.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• YHM-262.jpg
    YHM-262.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Michigander

10 dollars is about the going rate I've seen for that type of hardware. You may be able to save a dollar or two at dunhams if you get lucky, but by the time you drive there and back, any money saved will probably be gone from gas.

If money is the over riding factor, I would suggest a temporary rope system to clip the sling to, particularly 550 cord if you have any. Duct tape can help hold the rope in place if you need it. I've used this method in the field a number of times. Works well, even though it's ugly.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
i just bought one at gander mountain a couple weeks ago for mine because i have the shot and the slug barrel. the only problem is, i couldn't find just that one piece, i had to buy the whole sling hardware kit...